• 2 Post By Bruce

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 12-29-2015, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hill Assist/AdvanceTrac/electronic issues

Hello all just want to report and advise of a few issues that have occurred recently. To note I have 4,100 miles on the vehicle.

A couple of months ago I had a dead battery due to the cycling of the Welcome lighting, I took the car in and they changed the battery, it happened again just 3 weeks ago, I had the car jump started by Lincoln service and have since found a designated area of the house outside the communication range.

In the between times I have had a few strange electronic things happen, twice while driving the 'NO KEY DETECTED" alert came on while driving, then(different time) I had the left signal stay illuminated on the dash (not visibly 'on" outside the vehicle), like 2 times within a week, then the "NO KEY DETECTED' message again.

Yesterday, while starting my trip I noted the turn signals just did not work, after 10 minutes without cycling the vehicle on/off they just started to work all by themselves, I had planned to address these issues next month at some point but today forced my hand and I had to make an appointment sooner than planned.

Today while driving my traction control and hill assist lights came on and would not go off, I immediately ran a VHR and captured the errors. I tried to turn it back on in the driver information center and it simply would not accept. I then called my dealer and advised that there is something serious going on, I now have an appointment for next Tuesday, they offered a loaner today but no one is there to work on it until next year (holiday/short-staff). I declined as I have family obligations and do not wish to expose the vehicle as having issues as my family would chastise me because they don't like American built vehicles, any-who, the warning lights after half a day finally went off and returned to "normal". I am still taking the car in anyway as there is no doubt something is amiss.

I post this as a "heads up" and to get feedback and share my experience. Thanks for taking the time to read. Cheers and Happy New Year!

Last edited by 2015 MSM; 12-29-2015 at 05:31 PM.
post #2 of 9 Old 12-29-2015, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Interesting MSM....Not that my issue is related, but in a sense it's quite similar in that it reported an issue to me and advised me to take it to the dealer.....but then, the next duty cycle, NOTHING!!!

The issue I am talking about is, I was driving into town...out of the blue the screen pops a massage "911 not available, consult your dealer" huh?....I actually was forced to hit 911, it rang and someone the other end answered and I said accidentally dialled, sorry and I hung up.
I checked my phone, my 911 is in my contact list,and phone was on and working fine.

I talked to the service adviser at the dealership,essentially telling me to keep my eye on it just in case it pops up again, then we'll go from there....that answer made me feel all warm and fuzzy! NOT!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-29-2015, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
If you see anything weird I would pull out your phone and photograph the issue, I've done this is preparing to have my issues addressed, just in case it was not stored in the BCM?PCM or wherever the fault codes go. In this way, yes they are unable to reproduce, but will be forced to address as I have photographed the issue. Keep that in mind in case it happens again in the future, did 911 call you back? they are generally persistent in following up to be sure all is well.

post #4 of 9 Old 01-01-2016, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Angry AWD/Hill Assist/cross traffic/911 Glitches

Six days after taking possession of my 2016 MKC on 12.12.15, notifications popped up on the dash display indicating these features required service or had a fault. I was able to take pics and emailed them to shop foreman at the dealership. After conversation with Ford engineers, determined a loose ground wire needed reattachment. That eliminated the problem for 4 days, same issues resurfaced, more photos provided. Car now at dealer again. Car has been in the shop longer than I have driven it. Service foreman is very nice, and concerned and working to get to the bottom of the issue, but My initial Lincoln experience with the product is not positive.

2016 MKC Reserve
Climate Pkg
Took delivery 12/2015
post #5 of 9 Old 01-02-2016, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKC2016NJ View Post
Six days after taking possession of my 2016 MKC on 12.12.15, notifications popped up on the dash display indicating these features required service or had a fault. I was able to take pics and emailed them to shop foreman at the dealership. After conversation with Ford engineers, determined a loose ground wire needed reattachment. That eliminated the problem for 4 days, same issues resurfaced, more photos provided. Car now at dealer again. Car has been in the shop longer than I have driven it. Service foreman is very nice, and concerned and working to get to the bottom of the issue, but My initial Lincoln experience with the product is not positive.
Hello MKC2016NJ! I am probably one of the first "early adopters" of the MKC (Mid-July 2014) on our forum and have experienced almost all of the glitches and issues on this wonderful vehicle - including 2 rear-end collisions totaling just under $20,000 worth of damage! But through all of this, I still thoroughly enjoy jumping in the saddle of this enjoyable, outstanding, and striking SUV! I dove head-first into this very informative and educational forum quite some time ago and learned that I had to take much of what I read with a grain of salt, sometimes with a "block" of salt! I am a self-professed know-it-all, understanding this car far better than my salesman did when I bought it BUT, I have learned much more on our forum from considerable input from our members. I learned too, that dealing with Lincoln dealerships on a new model takes patience! Often we are learning about the car concurrent with the dealership! I also discovered that I can get excellent service from my local Ford dealership, sometimes better than Lincoln - if you don't mind driving Ford loaners (I'm a devout Ford man!). There appears to be a bit of competitive spirit between them! Once you get past the almost inevitable little issues, you will love this vehicle! I've owned my MKC 19 months and it's been in the shop a combined 59 days but I am undeterred! I hope you are able to enjoy your MKC in spite of your glitches! The 2016's are no doubt, improved! I wish you well!
fchow53 and 2015 MSM like this.

2015 MKC/ 2.0 FWD Platinum White Tri Coat Met.
W/White Sands Int., Reserve, 19" Wheels, THX, CCD Build Date 6/23/2014
post #6 of 9 Old 01-02-2016, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Hello MKC2016NJ! I am probably one of the first "early adopters" of the MKC (Mid-July 2014) on our forum and have experienced almost all of the glitches and issues on this wonderful vehicle - including 2 rear-end collisions totaling just under $20,000 worth of damage! But through all of this, I still thoroughly enjoy jumping in the saddle of this enjoyable, outstanding, and striking SUV! I dove head-first into this very informative and educational forum quite some time ago and learned that I had to take much of what I read with a grain of salt, sometimes with a "block" of salt! I am a self-professed know-it-all, understanding this car far better than my salesman did when I bought it BUT, I have learned much more on our forum from considerable input from our members. I learned too, that dealing with Lincoln dealerships on a new model takes patience! Often we are learning about the car concurrent with the dealership! I also discovered that I can get excellent service from my local Ford dealership, sometimes better than Lincoln - if you don't mind driving Ford loaners (I'm a devout Ford man!). There appears to be a bit of competitive spirit between them! Once you get past the almost inevitable little issues, you will love this vehicle! I've owned my MKC 19 months and it's been in the shop a combined 59 days but I am undeterred! I hope you are able to enjoy your MKC in spite of your glitches! The 2016's are no doubt, improved! I wish you well!
All true but still very much a bummer when you are excited for your new car..no one knows that better than me. . Hope this is your one and only problem.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-02-2016, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Interesting to share a concept FORD has going on in the "AllFordMustang" forum...there is an actual FORD rep that monitors the threads, specifically trouble related threads posted by owners...her name is Daysha and she really is a wonderful addition to that forum....she did help me out on a couple of issues I had with my then brand new mustang and had things escalated to the apprioate dept within the Dealership, she also logged the report for future reference....
Maybe Lincoln should follow suit,...I might just discuss this with Deysha, meaning there are owners in this Lincoln MKC forum that are running into problems with their brand new MKC's and see what her reaction would be!
2015 MSM....Yeah 911 called me right back almost immediately and had to reassure them there really was no emergency,I did explain the situation to the dispatcher that returned my call and she was nice and understanding about it all....she did say, I would want that 911 feature to be fully functional in CASE it is needed and did not chastise me for calling 911!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-02-2016, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
5.0 Candy REDCS- Good to know 911 did the right thing, also agree with the dispatcher to NOT disable the 911 feature, you never know..I too believe there should be a LINCOLN rep on the forum here to monitor/assist/escalate, after all we paid a premium for our vehicles.

post #9 of 9 Old 01-06-2016, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
All--UPDATE
--yesterday I had my appointment for the hill assist/AdvanceTrac issue I asked my adviser to pull my VHR and showed the picture I took as the issue existed, I was advised that no fault codes were stored and as such got the infamous "unable to duplicate". So, my issue is resolved without any work being done. I was told by my adviser that there are 2 sensors on the vehicle that are on opposite angular sides and that they had a few MKC's come in with my issue but with stored codes, the fix with those was to remove clean and replace the sensors. Hope this helps someone in the future, I also had some software updates done pertaining to the radio and the cycling of the welcome lighting, I was advised to keep the fob at least 10 feet away. While there I asked about the MKX since it also has welcome lighting, believe it or not the same issue exists on the 2016 MKX as well!! I was told they are working to permanently fix the issue and that it will be forhtcoming.. NO ETA>.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page