Blind Spot Information System - Lincoln MKC Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2016, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Blind Spot Information System

Does anyone have an issue with Blind Spot Information System on the driver side where the warning light in the mirror does not comes on until the other vehicle is next to your rear bumper. As you could imagine if you changed lanes the possibility for contact with the other vehicle is very high.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolle View Post
Does anyone have an issue with Blind Spot Information System on the driver side where the warning light in the mirror does not comes on until the other vehicle is next to your rear bumper. As you could imagine if you changed lanes the possibility for contact with the other vehicle is very high.
I suspect that they don't consider the area behind your car a Blind Spot since you can easily see it via the mirrors.

I think the purpose of the Blind Spot Information System is to warn you when someone is actually in your blind spot (more beside your car where you would have to turn your head to see) that you cannot easily see with your mirrors?
Old 02-04-2016, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenZ View Post
I suspect that they don't consider the area behind your car a Blind Spot since you can easily see it via the mirrors.

I think the purpose of the Blind Spot Information System is to warn you when someone is actually in your blind spot (more beside your car where you would have to turn your head to see) that you cannot easily see with your mirrors?
Well, part of the blind spot is actually fully behind, an area not covered by the inside mirror, and not covered by the outside mirror unless it's aimed way to the left.

Since the BLIS sensors are part of the Cross-traffic detection system, I'll ask if, when in reverse, your car is seeing approaching traffic from the driver's side. For example, if you are in a parking lot and a car drives down the aisle behind you. If that isn't working as it should there may be an issue with the sensor.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
I tend to adjust this (sort of) new way How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver
With the BLIS, it amounts to a 'belt and suspenders' overkill, but I got used to this setup about 5 years ago.
Yes, it amounts to aiming way left. (I note the wife has her mirror settings the classic way)

Don't know about the MKC having a front quadrant sensing in reverse unless the full tech package for parallel parking is on the vehicle.

'15 Ingot Silver/ White Sands/ Reserve 2.0 FWD/CCD/ Tow Pkg/ Oct 14 2014
'55 F-100 and 64.5 Mustang Convertible
Old 02-04-2016, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
A good blind spot system like the one in my volvo s60. Uses the sensors to notify you when a car is in your blindspot and if a car is approaching you at a speed where if you switch lanes an accident would be unavoidable. The one in our mkc just seems to light up when the car is already on you. Well at least that's what I think with the MKC

2.3L AWD/reserve-Technology package/white Platinum
2014 Volvo S60 T6
Old 02-25-2016, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
I agree from my experience that the Blind Spots warning lights are slightly delayed.

2015 MKC | 2.0L EcoBoost FWD
Notorious Blue Exterior | Modern Heritage Interior
Black Label | Climate Package | Technology Package | THX II Audio System

Build Date: 04/17/2015

2008 Acura TSX | Base | Arctic Blue/Ebony
>>Check out my garage!
https://www.mkcforum.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=1298
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List