LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 02-27-2016, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Windshield

Anyone's windshield get covered in tiny bubbles all over it? Delaminating after 12 months? Noticed it months ago, thought window was "dirty" although the bubbles sparkle and glisten in the sun. It seems to be getting worse.
post #2 of 27 Old 02-27-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Does anyone know what it could be? Sounds like it's beginning to delaminate already. My car was not manufacturered under the the time period for the windshield recall early in production. Mine was built shortly after though it seems.

Check your windshields. Have to look at it in the sun. Seems more clustered around the edges too. Anyone seeing this? I've had loaners with crystal clear glass, just always blew it off thinking I didn't clean my window good but this is definitely not something you can clean and it's not chips either, glass is silky smooth.
post #3 of 27 Old 02-27-2016, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
I have not noticed any delimitation on mine,but then I was not looking for it either,I'll have a closer look, thanks.....I think there was a TSB regarding this some time back, have you discussed this with your selling dealer?
I guess safe to say, you must think "Lnk are a POS lol....fair enough, we all have our pet peeves( smiling here). What year POS do you have....2015? 2016?

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.

post #4 of 27 Old 02-27-2016, 10:12 AM

Regardless when yours was built, if Lincoln recognized there is a problem with frontal windshields delaminating and they issued a TSB for it....they need to step up and take care of it for you...have you been in touch in this regard with Lincoln concierge? I read about this TSB but this is the first time I have actually read from an actual owner noticing this their ride with this issue.

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
post #5 of 27 Old 02-27-2016, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
I have not noticed any delimitation on mine,but then I was not looking for it either,I'll have a closer look, thanks.....I think there was a TSB regarding this some time back, have you discussed this with your selling dealer?
I guess safe to say, you must think "Lnk are a POS lol....fair enough, we all have our pet peeves( smiling here). What year POS do you have....2015? 2016?
Thanks for responding.

Yeah my POS is a 2015 LOL.

just told my dealer, trying to tell me they are chips LOL, but they haven't seen it yet (even though car has been in for service 14 times) but I've been so caught up trying to get everything else fixed this got overlooked and this is the first I'm pointing it out to them. Goes back to service next week again so they will look at it then.

The windshield issue was actually a recall not a tsb as delaminated windshield glass is a safety hazard and no safer than your house windows from shattering.

So I'm curious what this is since my car was built outside of the recall period.
Wondering if any other 2015 or 2016 owners notice issues with the windshield.
post #6 of 27 Old 02-27-2016, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
What is the period for the recall? I haven't noticed anything but then I have not really looked closely and in winter my windshield is rarely clean anyway so I probably would not have noticed it.

2015 MKC
2.3L AWD
White Platinum Met Tri-Coat/White Sand Prem Lthr
Equip. Group 102A Reserve
Climate package
Technology package
20" aluminum wheels
Build 12/2014
Lease end 06/23/19 - car returned to Lincoln
post #7 of 27 Old 02-27-2016, 03:04 PM

Checked mine after cleaning it up,inside and outside....nothing to report back....it seems fine....looked at it in sunshine too, nothing YET!

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
post #8 of 27 Old 02-28-2016, 02:13 AM

LnKisaPOS: You might find this info helpful,sounds like yours SHOULD/WILL be replaced under a recall brief:

Just the Facts:
Ford Motor Co. is recalling 1,274 2015 Lincoln MKC SUVs because bubbles in the windshield could affect driver visibility.
Lincoln dealers will replace the windshield in the affected vehicles.
The recall will begin on August 11.

DEARBORN, Michigan — Ford Motor Co. is recalling 1,274 2015 Lincoln MKC SUVs because bubbles in the windshield could affect driver visibility, the company told Edmunds on Friday.

"Certain manufacturing conditions in the windshield supplier's process may have allowed air to be trapped between the layers of glass," Ford said in a statement. "A windshield with trapped air may develop air bubbles when it is exposed to elevated temperatures.

"The presence of bubbles may affect driver visibility, which could have a detrimental effect on the safe operation of the vehicle."

Ford said it is not aware of any accidents or injuries as a result of the defect.

The affected MKCs were built at the Louisville Assembly Plant from August 20, 2013 through June 6, 2014.

Lincoln dealers will replace the windshield in the affected vehicles. The recall will begin on August 11. Owners can contact Lincoln at 1-800-521-4140.

No information about the recall has been posted on the Web site of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which oversees vehicle recalls in the U.S.

Edmunds says: Ford spokeswoman Kelli Felker tells consumers that if they see bubbles in the windshield of their 2015 MKC they should bring it into the dealership immediately for the repair.

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
post #9 of 27 Old 02-28-2016, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for checking guys.

I went and checked all our other vehicles yesterday and we have a 4 year old (ford ironically) that has a little bit of those bubbles in its windshield. Not close to the amount on my MKC but I see it a little bit. Our other cars are clear/clean. The last loaner car I had which was an MKC did not have it and clear windshield. I've had many different loaners but only thought to check this last one since I noticed.

The recall was for the early MKC built prior to June 2014. Mine was built late fall so I don't know if that's the problem (recall). It's going to be a sunny day, I'll see if I can get a picture that captures what it looks like and post. Can't think of what else it could be than that (delaminated) though by the way it looks and what I looked up online...seems to describe what I see.

Don't tell me I'm going to need a windshield replacement in this car too..oh my goodness it seems to never end.....
post #10 of 27 Old 02-28-2016, 08:52 AM

Possibly yes....Lincoln has many sub trades ( as they all do) that manufacture items for the parent company,sometimes things develop a problem, in this case they caught on to the fact some of the windshields developed small air bubbles and they will replace them....It's a one day visit, and you should have your issue resolved.

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page