LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New modem crap out

Anyone's new modem crap out yet? Mine did after about a month of function.
Modem shutting "down" after 1 minute of activity. My locator doesn't work. Errors about authorization. In vehicle tech team clueless again. Car is at dealer and are you ready for this? I asked for a copy of their tech hotline case. In it the tech who is working on my car asked ford "what is the my Lincoln mobile app?"

WHAT?!?! The tech assigned to my car doesn't even know what he's trying to troubleshoot. Going to pick my car back up this morning. Holy.....

Waiting on engineering. Here we go again. It worked perfectly for a little over month. Anyone had ANY problems with the new modem so far?
post #2 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Wow. I have had the new modem for over a month now and (knock on wood) so far, so good. Mine responds within 5-7 seconds where it used to time out after 45-60 seconds. Let us know the outcome.

post #3 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015 MSM View Post
Wow. I have had the new modem for over a month now and (knock on wood) so far, so good. Mine responds within 5-7 seconds where it used to time out after 45-60 seconds. Let us know the outcome.
Omg I know, the speed was cut in less than half! And more importantly everything was working great. Totally exasperated!

post #4 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 01:54 PM

Funny, after you posted your message I tried mine a bit (lock command) since the new modem was installed and this was the longest I had to wait for confirmation, like 25 seconds, but it did lock and confirm back to the app. How did yours start to 'crap out'? curious.

post #5 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Just a reminder the app will work as well as the local cell service allows (where your car is parked). I park in an above ground parking garage and the remote start with the app sometimes does not go through because the battery level is missing from the display.. That's about the only time and place I have experience any app issues.
Pete likes this.

2016 MKC - August 2015 build
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat
post #6 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Funny, after you posted your message I tried mine a bit (lock command) since the new modem was installed and this was the longest I had to wait for confirmation, like 25 seconds, but it did lock and confirm back to the app. How did yours start to 'crap out'? curious.
Sorry should have used the right term which is "time out"

Mine either works super fast or not at all. After a few days of testing and timing the modem is non responsive until the engine is run, or if I send a command that fails, or if I resend the command in less than 60 seconds(before it goes non responsive again ). So I can get the modem to respond and the app to be able to reach it to complete the command (i.e. Lock unlock or start stop) but only if I keep sending a command every 60 seconds or it goes non responsive again.

Then the persistent errors I have are my locator portion doesn't work. It says "save vehicle location" instead of my address (or wherever it's located) then when I click it it brings up a message saying I have to authorize my vehicle, yet it is authorized because I'm using it .

Also the bottom of my screen won't give me status anymore. It displays a "pending authorization" message. After I send a command and the modem becomes responsive that bottom portion will then display correctly(date with update and refresh button) until either I click something on the screen or 60 seconds passes. I'm actually still trying to figure that one out (timing for that status). We just got the car back (unrepaired from the dealer) so I'll verify that last one after I test a little more.

Now to answer how it "started". This one is great. The car had another issue and had to go in to have the Bcm replaced. The modem was working perfectly after the recall replacement in early January. A few weeks ago it went in for Bcm and the dealer returned it to me with the modem/app access screwed up. Just wonderful. I brought it to the latest dealer thinking ok they forgot something in the config or misconfigured a parameter, simple fix. But they tested and nothing wrong with Bcm, configured correctly and no DTCs. Plus the issue is not related to the Bcm at all, it's totally a modem issue. Insert scream and they are back to blaming the app again. Wow.

I swear we have to be on a reality tv show...please, the joke is over, the cameras can come out now and I can have a good laugh.... :-(

Last edited by LnkisaPOS; 04-08-2016 at 04:23 PM.
post #7 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 PM

For you we can interchange ' crap out' and 'timed out'. Did you have this issue escalated to have a FSA (field service engineer) look at this? It's a Lincoln for crying out loud. I suggest since this is an ongoing issue with your vehicle that it be escalated. It sounds on the basic understanding that there is a communication/serial number/code/compatibility issue.

post #8 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
So far I have not had any problems with mine however I did notice the past few times when I used the start function that sometimes the timer was set to 30 minutes rather than the 15 minutes I have it set for.

2015 MKC
2.3L AWD
White Platinum Met Tri-Coat/White Sand Prem Lthr
Equip. Group 102A Reserve
Climate package
Technology package
20" aluminum wheels
Build 12/2014
Lease end 06/23/19 - car returned to Lincoln
post #9 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
What the heck are Bcm & DTCs ???

"Bcm, configured correctly and no DTCs"

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L Reserve Package
Ruby Red Exterior /White Sands Interior
Build Date: 15/03/15
post #10 of 81 Old 04-08-2016, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
For you we can interchange ' crap out' and 'timed out'. Did you have this issue escalated to have a FSA (field service engineer) look at this? It's a Lincoln for crying out loud. I suggest since this is an ongoing issue with your vehicle that it be escalated. It sounds on the basic understanding that there is a communication/serial number/code/compatibility issue.
There is no need for an FSE. It's the same problem with the modem. I have been through hours with tech and testing phone and app. The dealer just keeps pointing me to IVT (in vehicle tech team) who points me back to the modem. Then they say they have to send it to engineering. So I don't know why no FSE, maybe because Lincoln engineering at a higher level is working on it? I had this problem very early on before anyone on this list (I've been a lurker -no account- for a year almost) ever reported the first low battery message which then turned into loss of remote access quickly for me. And that's what they did/said to me for months last time- our engineering team is working on it. Then months after the recall finally came out. Looks like it's back although last time my vehicle location did not display the message it does now, it would just lose the accuracy sometimes because the modem would go unresponsive but it always displayed a location, it just wasnt always updated properly. Now it has this weird "save vehicle location message". I attached photo. Anyone seen this on theirs before? I'm on iPhone. But either phone? Thanks for your input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	4274  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page