Funny, after you posted your message I tried mine a bit (lock command) since the new modem was installed and this was the longest I had to wait for confirmation, like 25 seconds, but it did lock and confirm back to the app. How did yours start to 'crap out'? curious.
Sorry should have used the right term which is "time out"
Mine either works super fast or not at all. After a few days of testing and timing the modem is non responsive until the engine is run, or if I send a command that fails, or if I resend the command in less than 60 seconds(before it goes non responsive again ). So I can get the modem to respond and the app to be able to reach it to complete the command (i.e. Lock unlock or start stop) but only if I keep sending a command every 60 seconds or it goes non responsive again.
Then the persistent errors I have are my locator portion doesn't work. It says "save vehicle location" instead of my address (or wherever it's located) then when I click it it brings up a message saying I have to authorize my vehicle, yet it is authorized because I'm using it
Also the bottom of my screen won't give me status anymore. It displays a "pending authorization" message. After I send a command and the modem becomes responsive that bottom portion will then display correctly(date with update and refresh button) until either I click something on the screen or 60 seconds passes. I'm actually still trying to figure that one out (timing for that status). We just got the car back (unrepaired from the dealer) so I'll verify that last one after I test a little more.
Now to answer how it "started". This one is great. The car had another issue and had to go in to have the Bcm replaced. The modem was working perfectly after the recall replacement in early January. A few weeks ago it went in for Bcm and the dealer returned it to me with the modem/app access screwed up. Just wonderful. I brought it to the latest dealer thinking ok they forgot something in the config or misconfigured a parameter, simple fix. But they tested and nothing wrong with Bcm, configured correctly and no DTCs. Plus the issue is not related to the Bcm at all, it's totally a modem issue. Insert scream
and they are back to blaming the app again. Wow.
I swear we have to be on a reality tv show...please, the joke is over, the cameras can come out now and I can have a good laugh.... :-(