LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-12-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Wind Noise from Panoramic Roof.

I have a new '15 Reserve. Overall, I think it's very smooth and quiet on the highway -- that is up until about 75-80 mph. Near 80, I get some wind noise from the panoramic roof area. I've never had a panoramic roof previously. Is this common? I've had many moon roofs, and never had an issue. Everything is closed tight. When washing, I did notice the rear glass panel sits slightly higher than the front? I'd honestly rather not have the glass roof, but it was standard on the Reserve.

2015 MKC Reserve FWD: Ruby Red, THX, Technology Package
post #2 of 4 Old 08-13-2016, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
On ours, the rear panel is at the same height as the front panel at the center, and maybe 1mm or so lower at the sides.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-13-2016, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks. Mine seems to be slightly higher. It's not terrible. I could live with it if it required a major task to fix. I'll mention it at my first free maintenance -- along with the modem replacement.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-08-2016, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I finally got around to taking this in the the dealer. I'm really glad I did. They had it for 3 days, but they resolved the issue, cleaned it up inside and out, and it's all good now. It's nice and quiet down the highway. The leveled the pack glass panel (side-to-side), and moved it back some. I drove a '16 MKX Reserve for the 3 days - 3.7 fwd. Power was very nice, and features were also nice (massaging seats, Revel Ultima, etc). However there were some real ill-fitting interior panels (A-pillar covers were terrible). It was quite disappointing for a ~$60K ride. MPG was pretty impressive for it's heft. Honestly, I was glad to have my MKC back, and wouldn't trade. I much prefer driving it in city traffic.

They ordered the modem, and that should be in next week. Luckily, the dealer is 2 mi down the road, and I don't have to take a courtesy shuttle all over town (like at my Jeep/Dodge dealer).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page