1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-22-2017, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
AC Blowing Hot Air

On three different occasions, AC blows hot air out of the two driver side ducts. Passenger side still has cold air.

Nothing seems to work except letting the car sit for about an hour. After that amount of time, the AC works fine.

It usually happens when the engine is hot and after making a brief stop (less than 5 minutes). When I come back and restart the car, I get hot air.

I have tried restarting the car, changing between heat and AC and changing the temperature setting and no luck.

I have it into the dealership twice with no luck. Problem started at about 20,000 miles.

Anyone else with this problem.
post #2 of 12 Old 06-22-2017, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moabman View Post
On three different occasions, AC blows hot air out of the two driver side ducts. Passenger side still has cold air.

Nothing seems to work except letting the car sit for about an hour. After that amount of time, the AC works fine.

It usually happens when the engine is hot and after making a brief stop (less than 5 minutes). When I come back and restart the car, I get hot air.

I have tried restarting the car, changing between heat and AC and changing the temperature setting and no luck.

I have it into the dealership twice with no luck. Problem started at about 20,000 miles.

Anyone else with this problem.

Had the exact same problem first they could not diagnose it. but they did and it was a blower door malfunction. get it back before warrentee expires.
Joey LaRochelle likes this.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-23-2017, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Bingo!

2016 Range Rover Sport HSE
2015 Lincoln MKC Reserve 2.3 AWD
2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata GTPRHT
2011 Lotus Evora S
2008 Isuzu Ascender LTD

post #4 of 12 Old 09-03-2017, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had the exact same issue and they told me no reported issues before like this. Now it happened again yesterday. I'm having several issues now so I guess I'll need to take a vacation day to let them have my car all day. Thanks for the info on blower door malfunction, I'll mention to them when I call for next appointment
post #5 of 12 Old 09-17-2018, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2015 MKc hot air from A/c

I have had issues since around 20,000 miles. First time hot air coming from driver side air vent next to door. 2nd time was the driver side middle vent. 3rd time was both drivers vents and this 4th time again the drivers side both vents. Blowing hot air. Changing the temperature does not work. Changing the a/c to defrost does not work. Changing a/c to heat does not work. Turning off the car to do a reset does not work. 1st time they changed the actuator. Then a couple of months later it does it again. When I get the time to take it to the shop the dang thing starts to work again. They cannot get a "code" to find out what is wrong. Currently have almost 40,000 miles on it and cannot get an answer as to what the problem is.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-18-2018, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
had the same issue yesterday. Went by the Ford dealership (my Lincoln dealership went out of business 3 months after I bought the darn thing) and made them feel the vents. Tech said it was something to do with the dual air module but can't fix it until Friday. Luckily when I started it this morning it worked. I'm at 26k miles and no longer in warranty...
post #7 of 12 Old 09-19-2018, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Mine did this 1 time last week also. It wasn't blow "hot" air, but it was warm compared to the passenger's side. The next power cycle, it was fine, and never happened since. Luckily, I'm still well under warranty in case it happens again.

2015 MKC Reserve FWD: Ruby Red, THX, Technology Package
post #8 of 12 Old 09-20-2018, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
may be same situation?

https://www.mkcforum.com/forum/linco...tuck-heat.html

'15 Ingot Silver/ White Sands/ Reserve 2.0 FWD/CCD/ Tow Pkg/ Oct 14 2014
'55 F-100 and 64.5 Mustang Convertible
post #9 of 12 Old 09-20-2018, 04:35 PM
DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skh40s View Post
had the same issue yesterday. Went by the Ford dealership (my Lincoln dealership went out of business 3 months after I bought the darn thing) and made them feel the vents. Tech said it was something to do with the dual air module but can't fix it until Friday. Luckily when I started it this morning it worked. I'm at 26k miles and no longer in warranty...
I had this happen on a Chrysler, it was NOT a cheap repair. Lots of labor to take the dash apart.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-21-2018, 10:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite cruiser View Post

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that if it happens again. I tried turning everything off and on again, but didn't try turning heat on all the way.

2015 MKC Reserve FWD: Ruby Red, THX, Technology Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page