Collision assist/cruise control malfunction - Lincoln MKC Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-21-2018, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down Collision assist/cruise control malfunction

Our 2017 MKC Reserve has been with the dealer for 5 work days ... the pre-collision assist failed (not a blocked sensor) which then resulted in the failure to be able to use Adaptive Cruise Control! Then our GPS was going offline.

We took it to the dealership - who stated that it was a software problem and Ford office (Toronto) was working on sending a software upgrade? That didnt work - car and system apparently wouldnt 'talk' to one-another.

Then they ordered a new re collision assist module, installed it but still no 'talking' so we continue to wait until they can figure out the technology glitch?

Anyone else have this ridiculous lack of ability to fix their own technology?
post #2 of 5 Old 11-21-2018, 02:03 PM
DRM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I have had a couple of repairs where the dealer did little in my opinion but set it up on the machine so the home office could do a download. But they did get it fixed.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-22-2018, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
I have had many issues with my 2015 MKC. The most current one is with the cell phone. I crossed over the border into Michigan from Ontario last week and as soon as I did so, I got an error on the dashboard saying that there was no phone paired to the system so consequently I could not use the steering wheel controls to see the call history, speed call codes, make or receive a call HOWEVER I could still make/receive calls via the touch screen and I could see my phonebook, speedcall codes, etc. The phone was working just fine so obviously there is a software glitch between the Sync touchscreen software and the dashboard software. As soon as I crossed the border back into Canada, everything was working fine again. Lincoln claims to have never seen this problems before and so far no resolution.

2015 MKC
2.3L AWD
White Platinum Met Tri-Coat/White Sand Prem Lthr
Equip. Group 102A Reserve
Climate package
Technology package
20" aluminum wheels
Build 12/2014
Lease end 06/23/19 - car returned to Lincoln

post #4 of 5 Old 11-22-2018, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SubVette Send a message via MSN to SubVette Send a message via Yahoo to SubVette
After reading many threads here (and other research) before I purchased, I decided to lease. I looked at used SRX but too many expensive issues. The Cadillac has much more expensive used issues. All the CPU brain boards are expensive and there is no guarantee they will work.

It's a shame because used lease return MKCs are all over the place. 12 months 12K is no consolation as a certified vehicle and spending $2000+ for an extended service contract is prohibitive when compared to a CRV which one can buy the 5 year exclusive bumper to bumper 120K w zero deduct for far less than two grand.

$0 deductible plans

Plan Code G38 G30 G32 G48 G40 G42 G58 G50 G52
Plan Length 36/80k 36/100k 36/120k 48/80k 48/100k 48/120k 60/80k 60/100k 60/120k
Base Price $695 $850 $995 $775 $985 $1,115 $815 $1,015 $1,145

These inexpensive ESCs are a testament to the reliability of the Honda CRV. We will likely buy the Honda lease.
If Lincoln had these prices. Not gonna happen.....So if I like the Lincoln long term, I will have to lease. Coming from Honda and Toyota, I never had a single issue in over 15 years of buying them new. I hope that plays out here. Three years is a long time to deal with issue prone domestics.

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

Enhanced THX II Certified Audio System
19-inch Machined Aluminum Wheels with Premium Painted Pockets
post #5 of 5 Old 11-22-2018, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SubVette Send a message via MSN to SubVette Send a message via Yahoo to SubVette
After reading many threads here (and other research) before I purchased, I decided to lease. I looked at used SRX but too many expensive issues. The Cadillac has much more expensive used issues. All the CPU brain boards are expensive and there is no guarantee they will work.

It's a shame because used lease return MKCs are all over the place. 12 months 12K is no consolation as a certified vehicle and spending $2000+ for an extended service contract is prohibitive when compared to a CRV which one can buy the 5 year exclusive bumper to bumper 120K w zero deduct for far less than two grand.

$0 deductible plans

$0 deductible plans

Plan Length 36/80k $695....36/100k/$850.....36/120k/$995.....48/80k/$775.....48/100k/$985 48/120k/$1,115 .....60/80k/$815......60/100k/$1,015........ 60/120k/$1,145

These plans start on contract purchase date rather than in-service date and 0 miles on the odometer.

These inexpensive ESCs are a testament to the reliability of the Honda CRV. We will likely buy the Honda lease.

If Lincoln had these prices. Not gonna happen.....So if I like the Lincoln long term, I will have to lease. Coming from Honda and Toyota, I never had a single issue in over 15 years of buying them new. I hope that plays out here. Three years is a long time to deal with issue prone domestics.

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

Enhanced THX II Certified Audio System
19-inch Machined Aluminum Wheels with Premium Painted Pockets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page