14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 11-02-2019, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Remote start not working..Just purchased!

Hello new to forum and wanting some feedback and advice-Just purchased 2017 MKC Reserve 2.3 with 20k miles for 26k,first is that a good deal?Also when got home with it cleaning out glovebox found an old invoice for some work from original owner at dealership he bought it in 2017 this was dated 8-20-19,and under remarks has customer trouble starting car and states entertainment has black screen.This was not on carfax no accidents for that matter as well helped me make decision to buy.

Invoice states they did vehicle checkup with mpi form and did software revision 14G371 VERIFY BCE test on APIM=passed perform master reset reprogram APIM to latest level per ssm 48053 retest passed.Anyway finding out this news alarmed me so I called dealership where work was performed and mentioned to them that I had just gotten this car and started out like I wanted warranty info from Lincoln left on vehicle and then transitioned into about invoice.While man said I can't give any info on proir customer which I had all of any way on invoice he did say he knew him older man who didn't drive much and thought that was the reason he was having problems with car battery draining,needed to be used more he said.Googled found forum here I am and saw on some older threads here many issues with this same situation battery draining and such.Peeps saying to cutoff welcome lighting to manually doing mirrors keeping fob away from car in tin boxes to not locking vehicle over nite in garage,and not many of them remedied after several trips to dealer.

Very alarmed at this point already I haven't even tried to use remote start yet just got weds and it will not crank it tries too but want.Man all this already has bummed me out thinking I got a LEMON.Luckily with low miles still have some original warranty left on it and purchased extended warranty(which got inexpensively) as well which have never done but something told me to do with this purchase I'm almost 60 and really like the car and plan on keeping it awhile.Have had mainly Toyota's and Honda's last 20 years with hardly no issue's but wanted something different this time.

Already have moved FOB far away from garage cutoff welcome lighting,auto mirrors but man this sucks am I being paranoid?Sorry for negativity right off the bat here but hopefully some of you can give me a piece of mind and advice thanks so much in advance!
post #2 of 29 Old 11-02-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Your being too paranoid. We have a 2015 Reserve and we have never had battery issues. We did not disable the auto mirrors and welcome lighting. The key fob is kept in my wife's bag which is a far enough away from the vehicle as to not activate the approach sensors. I would turn that stuff back on so you can enjoy the features that your MKC provides. Just test the distance to see where your MKC's activation point is within your house and don't keep the key fob within that range. If you just bought it Wednesday and it wont start, you need to call the dealership and tell them. If they are a reputable dealership, they will come get it at no cost to you and fix the issue. The battery should not be dead; and yes, if you don't drive it, the battery can die. My daughter is in college and she hardly drives her car. We just put a $190.00 Duralast Gold Battery in her car a year and a half ago and we replaced it again yesterday because she never drives it. If she goes somewhere that requires a car, she rides with her boyfriend. She go a little automotive education last night.
Dale Winchester likes this.

2015 MKC Reserve
Silver Sand/Hazelnut
RSVR EQP GRP 102A
2.3 Ecoboost AWD
THX Sound System
19" 5 Spoke Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
post #3 of 29 Old 11-02-2019, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Welcome, Dale.

I have had my MKC for 31 months and over 46,000 km. I keep my vehicle outside so it is locked when I am away from it. If I am in the vicinity of it the welcome lighting cycles on and off so keep my keys at least 20 feet away.

I also have a lithium-ion booster pack in the event my battery gets drained but have only used it to jump-start two other vehicles in close to three years.

I had Ford Aerostars from 1989 to 2004, then Toyotas since and had to go through a new learning curve with the MKC. I downloaded the owners manual and joined this forum before ordering my MKC so had a good idea how to prepare for it. I would probably choose the same vehicle again!

2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve 2.0T AWD
Palladium White Gold with Cappuccino Interior
Tech Package, THX and Towing Package
Built 2017-03-22

post #4 of 29 Old 11-02-2019, 01:18 PM

Dale, what is the issue?
post #5 of 29 Old 11-02-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Everything I stated above couchflyer
post #6 of 29 Old 11-02-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I didn't buy this car at Lincoln dealership purchased at Acura dealership but I still have what's left of miles and years on Lincoln warranty right?Is it bumper to bumper?Like I said prior did get extended warranty bumper to bumper for most things thru Hendrick Autoguard which also give's me 6 anytime oil changes/tire rotation etc. as well.Reason's I got the extended which like I said have never gotten before is they came down was charged a little over 1k for both.Heck the 6 synthetic oil changes are probably almost half of that price I paid so I got it.Extended was for 8yrs or 100k but still have what's left of Lincoln warranty then tack on this one thought it was worth 1k.Not getting full 8yrs from extended or 100k miles for that matter but seemed worth it with all these higher tech cars.

Back to the remote start not working last night I did leave welcome lighting,folded mirrors off and didn't lock car in garage and quess what it cranked 1st try this morning with remote.Tried it several times other day would not turn over.Call that coincidence or whatever but maybe the guy who had it before didn't drive it enough obviously 20k in 3 yrs. but think until I drive it alot a bit stick to this routine then will check all the boxes and try these extras again and will keep u posted.Looking forward to learning,hearing and sharing many thing on this forum...any input welcome with my new ride thank you!
post #7 of 29 Old 11-03-2019, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I have a 2015 MKC. For me to remote start I have hit the lock button on the remote, and hit the start button twice. Your car is going to be fine you will love it.
post #8 of 29 Old 11-03-2019, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
You should see one of my old post about how they re-flashed something on my car to keep the battery from draining. My welcome light was never active.
you have a 2017 with bumper to bumper for I think 4 years 50k miles. they have free free pick up and drop it back off for that model year.

Part two of my response: Walk into the service bay and ask for an OASIS print out. It will show all work done on your MKC. I have posted about this on this forum. It is different from a carfax. carfax tends not to have reports on service done.

price: unsure on all features/packages but sounds fair.

2017 Burgundy MKC AWD Reserve 2.3L 20" rims, Tech Package, Climate Package,
post #9 of 29 Old 11-04-2019, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks Greg-Yeah I did know how to use remote start appreciate it
post #10 of 29 Old 11-04-2019, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for reply Buckeye I'll ask about the oasis print out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page