LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-03-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Jalopnik.com is driving an MKC today

For those who want to follow:

What Do You Want To Know About The 2015 Lincoln MKC?
post #2 of 6 Old 06-04-2014, 11:49 AM

Review is out...nothing I didn't already know.

2015 Lincoln MKC First Drive: Surprisingly Sweet Small Luxury Crossover
post #3 of 6 Old 06-04-2014, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I wish these journalists would review cars in ways that were relevant to the real world. How does the MKC handle the vaunted Drive Thru Chicanes or the parking lot grand prix for the closest spot in the lot. How about being stuck in an hour long jam on the way home from the office. Perhaps a round of soggy kindergarteners in the back, sunday shopping. But no, we get things like exhaust note and I couldn't get used to the angle of the touchscreen which everyone else thought was fine.

I mean clutching at straws? off roading... Jalopnik doesn't like Lincoln they never have...

post #4 of 6 Old 06-04-2014, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humpty dumpty View Post
I wish these journalists would review cars in ways that were relevant to the real world. How does the MKC handle the vaunted Drive Thru Chicanes or the parking lot grand prix for the closest spot in the lot. How about being stuck in an hour long jam on the way home from the office. Perhaps a round of soggy kindergarteners in the back, sunday shopping. But no, we get things like exhaust note and I couldn't get used to the angle of the touchscreen which everyone else thought was fine.

I mean clutching at straws? off roading... Jalopnik doesn't like Lincoln they never have...
Given this big event in Santa Barbara, I guess Motor Trend and Car & Driver will do their thing...but not until the Aug issues. Nothing in Motor Trend in July issue but a MKC ad...but then again that's the plan...

I want to see if the speculated 6.4 sec 0-60 for the 2.3 AWD is validated.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-04-2014, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
All things considered, it was a good review! My only disappointment is that he wasn't so thrilled with the acceleration. With 285 HP and 305 torque, I was hoping for some more pep.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-04-2014, 02:40 PM

I take the review as a big positive. As much as journalist say they want Lincoln to turn things around, you know deep down they want headlines. And the headline "New Lincoln MKC can't ESCAPE it's Ford roots" would draw readers in. So while "Surprisingly not bad" isn't exactly a glowing endorsement, neither is it the brand bashing I expected. We'll see what the traditional car mags have to say. This was likely a big media event, so we should be getting first drive reviews from lots of sources over the next few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page