6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 07-09-2014, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
BBC Reviews the 2015 Lincoln MKC

Reviews are coming out on the MKC from all over, and here I will recount to you a summary of what the BBC thought of the MKC.

With the top-level 2.3-litre turbo four engine, BBC says that "acceleration is brisk and fuel economy is acceptable." The noise canceling system works well to keep the cabin quiet effectively, and that is just one aspect of the MKC's "exemplary ride comfort."

BBC says that the MKC's biggest hurdle is the excellence of its rivals. The X3 and the Q5 are formidable opponents to be sure.

Design also gets top marks from BBC, and the final note of the review is a positive one. Lincoln is on its way to full revitalization. It hasn't reached that goal yet, but the MKC is a step in the right direction.

BBC - Autos - Can the MKC save Lincoln?

psychoart and Luxocarnut like this.
post #2 of 11 Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Brief but nice review!
post #3 of 11 Old 07-09-2014, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
BBC, what are they doing with an MKC?

post #4 of 11 Old 07-09-2014, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humpty dumpty View Post
BBC, what are they doing with an MKC?
That's funny. That was my exact same thought.
rocmkc likes this.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-11-2014, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
why X3 Q5? not X1 Q3 GLA?
TxTom likes this.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-13-2014, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyjiang0426 View Post
why X3 Q5? not X1 Q3 GLA?
Wrong size comparison. Aside from length, the MKC competes closest in all-around size with the Q5, X3, and GLK. The GLA, X1, and Q3 are compacts.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-13-2014, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirtmkc View Post
Wrong size comparison. Aside from length, the MKC competes closest in all-around size with the Q5, X3, and GLK. The GLA, X1, and Q3 are compacts.
Part of the problem is different places group these all in the small/compact SUV category. The segment is growing very fast, and I'd like to see more universal acceptance of things like the GLA, X1, and Q3 referred to as sub-compact (or some other name delineating them as smaller than the Q5/X3).

It's pretty clear from any car forum and several auto review sites that it can be confusing right now to figure out what is an apples to apples comparison in this mishmash.
shirtmkc likes this.

Last edited by sg021; 10-13-2014 at 09:35 AM.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-13-2014, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg021 View Post
Part of the problem is different places group these all in the small/compact SUV category. The segment is growing very fast, and I'd like to see more universal acceptance of things like the GLA, X1, and Q3 referred to as sub-compact (or some other name delineating them as smaller than the Q5/X3).

It's pretty clear from any car forum and several auto review sites that it can be confusing right now to figure out what is an apples to apples comparison in this mishmash.
Totally agree!
post #9 of 11 Old 10-28-2014, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
This is the first review that I think properly says Lincoln can make a case for a place in the market as an 'American Volvo'. My wife bought an S60 in '07 (still under the "Ford Administration, before they sold it to China's Geely), and makes a great case for safe/smooth/luxury/near-sporty. The MKC definitely matches this better in my mind than the targeted, Tutonic Q5.
Too many other reviews just thrash Lincoln for having no identity. Some of us want world class cars made in the USA. And from a company that took NO bailout money (see Volvo sale, above).
Great ride, and it will build a reputation and following (is McConaughy helping with this?)
post #10 of 11 Old 07-22-2015, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirtmkc View Post
Good point! In addition to comparing to vehicles that are not really the same size, the other common issue I've seen in reviews is comparing MKC to vehicles that are not in the same price range. For example, in the Car and Driver review (notoriously reluctant to give a nod to any American brand), it ranks the MKC as 12th -but the group includes Porsche Macan and others that can easily cost 2X or more than similarly equipped MKC. I wonder why they do that.
LincRTR likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page