5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 04-17-2014, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter090 View Post
I find the transition from the side windows to the back window pretty interesting. I like the look of it better from the back quarter view instead of the profile so i want to see it in person to know for sure. I think at the profile view it can make the car look too long, but from the back quarter it gives the whole car a cool flow. It looks very Infiniti-like.
Interesting and unique, i actually love it a lot. Not sure if I would like the idea of it if someone was to explain it to me.

post #12 of 18 Old 03-03-2015, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My wife is looking for a replacement for her 2006 Lexus RX330. For a year I felt the MKC was our perfect choice. Seeing and driving the MKC for the first time changed that. I really wanted to like the MKC, but it had too many strikes against it. For my wife, the first thing that killed the deal was the headrest that couldn't be adjusted back far enough. She loved the way it drove, but the cargo space compared to her RX was strike two. For me, the back seat room was strike three. I'm 5'11" and it was an effort that shouldn't have existed to get in, and especially out, of the rear seats.
This past weekend we drove the 2015 Murano and we both loved it. For less money we can get more of everything. It is extremely comfortable, front and back, with very good cargo space. The only aspects that will be missed are the MKC's real wood trim and better mileage.
I'm a very happy Fusion Hybrid owner and wanted to support Ford. As was stated earlier, the Murano really has to be compared to the MKX, but then the price difference is really substantial. My wife is very hard to please and really wants another Lexus, but after driving it she says she'll be very happy with the Murano.
post #13 of 18 Old 03-03-2015, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B25Nut View Post
My wife is looking for a replacement for her 2006 Lexus RX330. For a year I felt the MKC was our perfect choice. Seeing and driving the MKC for the first time changed that. I really wanted to like the MKC, but it had too many strikes against it. For my wife, the first thing that killed the deal was the headrest that couldn't be adjusted back far enough. She loved the way it drove, but the cargo space compared to her RX was strike two. For me, the back seat room was strike three. I'm 5'11" and it was an effort that shouldn't have existed to get in, and especially out, of the rear seats.
This past weekend we drove the 2015 Murano and we both loved it. For less money we can get more of everything. It is extremely comfortable, front and back, with very good cargo space. The only aspects that will be missed are the MKC's real wood trim and better mileage.
I'm a very happy Fusion Hybrid owner and wanted to support Ford. As was stated earlier, the Murano really has to be compared to the MKX, but then the price difference is really substantial. My wife is very hard to please and really wants another Lexus, but after driving it she says she'll be very happy with the Murano.
Check out the All new redesign 2015 Ford Edge that hit dealership this Month. Same category as Murano.

post #14 of 18 Old 03-04-2015, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I see the Murano exterior as too radical as in too riced and the interior is too plain and dated, just too Asian drab for my liking. It sells, but not for me.

Murano is 13.4 inches longer, so not even a close or fair comparison. One is a Midsize SUV and the other is small SUV.

Murano w/b 111.2

MKC w/b 105.9

Murano legroom front is 40.5 and rear is 38.7

MKC front is 42.8 and rear is 36.8

For the one foot plus longer there is no overall seating gain. A 5.3 longer w/b will always lend more ease of access to rear seats.

As for headrests their all moving forward to lessen neck injuries. Too many people kept them too far back. My wife fussed a little at first, I have no problem and their no different than in my Jeep.

The 2016 MKX is the way to go for extra room, it's cost is a non issue for us.
goepfrich and midnite cruiser like this.

2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.3 Reserve 19" 5-spoke Climate Pkg. Ingot Silver/Ebony
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4 3.6 20" Bright Silver/Black
post #15 of 18 Old 03-04-2015, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
None of our local dealers have the new Edge yet. It is on our list to check out, but one dealer said they are still six weeks away.
Until you actually sit in a vehicle, I don't see how you can criticize its interior. The Murano we tested had the light leather, which creates a great atmosphere with the panoramic roof. The seats are as comfortable as the best I've ever experienced. The ergonomics also seemed to be near perfect. I still prefer buying a Ford rather than a Nissan, but my wife only wants the best for her needs and desires. With the Murano, I can't honestly argue against her choice. The new Edge still doesn't appear to have standout looks, so the Murano wins in this area IMO.
post #16 of 18 Old 03-04-2015, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
good luck with the wife
goepfrich likes this.

2015 2.3 AWD Reserve
Tahitian Pearl/White Sands/Expresso
19" Luster,THX Audio,Technology/Climate
post #17 of 18 Old 03-04-2015, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Are those arm rests or beds...............
fchow53 likes this.
post #18 of 18 Old 05-07-2017, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
CVT is having major issues in Maximas and Muranos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page