MKC Vs. Lexus RX 350 - Page 2 - Lincoln MKC Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 11-11-2015, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Styling, like color is a very personal decision and I'm all for what ever the buyer prefers. After all, it's his/her money and their the one who lives with it'.
However!
Compared the Lexus offerings and I cannot get past the "Predator" front end of all Lexus models.
Many of us recall the old Arnold movie and the alien hunter's distinctive angular look when his mask was removed. Google if you need a refresher
Don't know if I'd sleep well with that in my garage.......
post #12 of 15 Old 11-11-2015, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah. Sorry to those that like it but have to agree. I held off final decision on MKC to wait for NX and MB GLA to come out and see/test drive. I never even went back to test drive the NX after I spied a brand new one in Costco parking. I always loved Lexus but when I saw that I did not like it all. Sometimes things need to grow on me and sink in then I like them but I tell you just yesterday I saw another NX out shopping and at first I saw the back and side and immediately thought -nice..... then my eyes went towards the front from a side angle and I caught that grille- that nice turned to OMG how ugly. It looked even worse from the sides. A lot of big ugly plastic that sticks out awkwardly IMO. So so glad I didn't go with it, it looked worse to me and definitely did not "grow" on me. Again I hope I am not offending anyone who likes it I think we all realize we have different tastes. I'm very picky about certain things
post #13 of 15 Old 11-11-2015, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
it's funny that we all crossed shopped the NX, GLA / GLK, n MKC. i honestly thought i would get the NX (already have the RX), but after seeing it in person and test driving it i couldn't pull the trigger. it is too aggressive (ugly ) and i didn't like the center stack angle. the ride and size was good along with Lexus'reliability history. looked at the GLA and it was a station wagon more than a CUV. also kept bumping my head when exiting / entering. then looked at the GLK but couldn't find the color combo with options i wanted. remembered the MKC from the auto show and went for a test drive (free $50). what a pleasant surprise it was, had the Lincoln float i remembered as a kid and power when i stepped on the gas. did a little internet shopping for color combo and options. bingo all that was left was making a deal and taking possession. about a week later all was done and i had a new ride. the MKC replaced a 2012 KIA Sportage. totally worth the upgrade!!

2015 MKC 2.3L AWD 18" Rims | Midnight Sapphire Metallic / Ebony | Select Plus Package | Blindside Monitoring w/ Cross Traffic Alert | Navigation | Panoramic Vista Roof | Power Liftgate | 11.20.2014 |

post #14 of 15 Old 03-24-2016, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is just what i am looking for fixmdude. I just posted a thread about our current debate re: explorer vs mkc. You write a very compelling list.
post #15 of 15 Old 03-25-2016, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
"Has anyone been shopping both cars ?
The least expensive Lexus i can buy is $43,700.00
That is without Navigation.
I am looking at a Premiere MKC for $3,3700.00"

For three million, three thousand and seven hundred bucks you could buy yourself a couple of Lambo's and a couple of Aston Martins....and still have money left over for a few martini's LOL

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page