Criticisms of the Lincoln MKC - Page 2 - Lincoln MKC Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 12-19-2014, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Each of the 3 LMC dealers I visited were attached to Ford operations.(S.E. US) Not across the lot-a door from one to the other. I agree the next step, at least in major markets, is to get them their own real estate. Also there are too many salesmen inclined to weep about the Town Car days and push Navigators. Younger dudes with smaller waistlines have to be part of the scheme if LMC is ever going to shift its demographics in a big way.
post #12 of 21 Old 12-23-2014, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite cruiser View Post
Each of the 3 LMC dealers I visited were attached to Ford operations.(S.E. US) Not across the lot-a door from one to the other. I agree the next step, at least in major markets, is to get them their own real estate. Also there are too many salesmen inclined to weep about the Town Car days and push Navigators. Younger dudes with smaller waistlines have to be part of the scheme if LMC is ever going to shift its demographics in a big way.
Are you talking about the sales staff or the people buying the cars? You make it sound like they should hire some models to sell their cars. It actually might work though, it's worked before.

post #13 of 21 Old 12-23-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINC View Post
RobJeff:
The Dealership you purchased from was not Lincoln exclusive? Ours is quite up scaled from the local Ford Dealers, very satisfied with my Dealership experience!

On that note...Our only Lincoln dealer for miles around is called Fucillo....Lincoln-Hyundai. Building is 40 or 50 years old and a craphole.
JefffromNH likes this.

post #14 of 21 Old 12-24-2014, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
In Louisville, there are only two Lincoln dealerships and they are both attached to Ford dealerships (of which there are probably around 10 in the vicinity).

Where I bought the MKC, the Lincolns are parked in with the Fords of all types, and the sales and service staff are not differentiated. Based on extensively researching the MKC before ever hitting the lot, I knew far more about it than the salesman, a jack of all trades / master of none.

New car "delivery area" was a joke...an empty spot outside of the service dept. between a Mustang and a Focus. Inside the salesroom, I was competing for attention with all the tire kickers there with their little kids for the free hot dogs and popcorn. When I picked it up, I couldn't really tell about surface scratches due to a crappy place to look at it. When I got it home, spent 4 hours cleaning it, polishing out bad areas and getting it to the perfect condition it should have been delivered in.

I would certainly welcome the experience that some of you have had with a stand-alone Lincoln operation. I'm already cringing about going in there for service. I'm concerned about a disconnect between how I meticulouly maintain my vehicles and the service guys typically dealing with the "anything goes" crowd. I'm having a clear discussion of expectations before anyone touches my car. Not trying to be a snob about this, but if I wanted a Ford I would have bought the Escape.
zerohertz likes this.
post #15 of 21 Old 01-26-2015, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Agree with the fuel tank size and the back area is small. But thats my fault should have bought a bigger car. My dealer is in the process of seperating the Fords from the Lincolns by putting up another seperate building accross the street.
Gm is going thru this same procedure with seperating Cadillac from Chevy.

I also agree that the delivery inspections should be better. When they told me I could have the vehicle in 2 hours I knew it would not be propery detailed. Over all they did do a good clean up.
But now I have to go back to get my a/w floor mats that were listed on my
window sticker but not delivered.

I had to return twice to have my wipers adjusted as they were hitting the windshield post when the auto wiper feature kicked into fast mode.
I actually bought this vehicle because of the color choices for the interior. I had looked at the Fords but all the SUV type had was black interiors. The color choices swayed me as all manufactures offer similar options.
JefffromNH and Bob Evans like this.
post #16 of 21 Old 03-14-2015, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We used Bill Collins for our MKC & couldn't have been more pleased. Separated from the Ford operation totally, a very professional group who catered to our every need.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #17 of 21 Old 04-16-2015, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Bayway lincoln in houston - Had a great experiance, amazing staff, and car was properly detailed and sitting in a nice dedicated are out front so we were able to spot our car the minute we pulled up to get it. Any lincoln we buy will be from the same place and from the same guy wouldn't even consider giving someone else my business.
LINC likes this.
post #18 of 21 Old 05-17-2015, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
floor hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINC View Post
We all know many article's have parts that make no sense, some writers fail to do their home work and or proof read. I have not paid much attention to what Consumer Reports says for years. I do agree way more with the US News article.

Pricing of the 2.3 engine is worth it to us.

Love the ride and handling, nothing to add or subtract here.

Yes, a bit tight on space after the front seats, but if your in need of more space, simply get a larger vehicle. Two inches or three cubic feet more is not going to do much. And would be to too close to the MKX dimensions.

Although, I do not need roof racks, I thought I seen them as a dealer available option? "Accessory Roof Rack" on Lincoln Build Site?

Not a fan of the floor pan humps at the front of the front seats. Engineer's response: Thank the government for them. So then my thoughts, If it helps with a side impact, so be it.

Would like two or three more gallons of fuel capacity.

Extra cargo lighting from lift gate, is needed.

Every vehicle out there has what one likes and also dislikes, your paying for it, pick the one your overall willing to live with. The MKC was the most pleasing eye candy in and out for it's size. Plus offering some new ways to interact with it.
Since you mentioned the front floor hump, what exactly is it for? I just rode as passenger for seven hours and found the raised pedestal under the front seat very annoying. If I moved the seat forward to avoid it then there was not enough leg room. Is this hump exclusive to the MKC?
post #19 of 21 Old 05-18-2015, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Hump is not exclusive to the MKC. It stiffens the floor, and provides clearance for the exhausts and driveshaft of AWD models.
post #20 of 21 Old 05-18-2015, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirk51 View Post
Since you mentioned the front floor hump, what exactly is it for? I just rode as passenger for seven hours and found the raised pedestal under the front seat very annoying. If I moved the seat forward to avoid it then there was not enough leg room. Is this hump exclusive to the MKC?

The drive shaft and exhaust route only under the console and rear seating floor center hump which has always been for rear wheel or AWD.

The width wise hump we are referring to here is government safety mandated to stiffen the vehicle during side impacts. There is also one under the rear seat, you just do not know by design. And this design also is now common in new low riding vehicles.

I like my seat 90% or so plus, rear ward. At first, I found it to be in the way as I like to bring my left leg and foot near the seat at times. I have learned to interact with it and now have no issue, especially knowing it is there for safety. I place my foot in the low spot of the hump.

My Jeep being larger has them under the floor. Like anything else if you want more space, you must buy larger.

2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.3 Reserve 19" 5-spoke Climate Pkg. Ingot Silver/Ebony
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4 3.6 20" Bright Silver/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page