I believe you mean Sweden?
Ok yah Sweden , you have the data ? Please post😀
post #22 of 35 Old 06-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
We test drove the XC60 a couple times last year when we were looking, and we were seriously considering the trip to Sweden that Volvo offers to get the car. The car is ultimately my wife's daily driver, and she couldn't get past the dashboard layout with the telephone keypad and the little dude for the climate controls. That didn't bother me too much since there were redundant controls on the steering wheel, but I agree it looked silly. One weird thing I noticed was there was a pass through in the center console between the driver side and the passenger side. I guess a woman might be able to put a handbag there, but it was strange wasted space. It seemed like it should have either been left open for more open feel, or make it actual storage, or put some speakers in it..something. It was odd. Also, the center console was very rigid, and I couldn't get truly comfortable with my elbow resting on it no matter how I adjusted it or the seat.

I really like the exterior looks though.
JefffromNH likes this.
post #23 of 35 Old 06-11-2015, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg View Post
We test drove the XC60 a couple times last year when we were looking, and we were seriously considering the trip to Sweden that Volvo offers to get the car. The car is ultimately my wife's daily driver, and she couldn't get past the dashboard layout with the telephone keypad and the little dude for the climate controls. That didn't bother me too much since there were redundant controls on the steering wheel, but I agree it looked silly. One weird thing I noticed was there was a pass through in the center console between the driver side and the passenger side. I guess a woman might be able to put a handbag there, but it was strange wasted space. It seemed like it should have either been left open for more open feel, or make it actual storage, or put some speakers in it..something. It was odd. Also, the center console was very rigid, and I couldn't get truly comfortable with my elbow resting on it no matter how I adjusted it or the seat.

I really like the exterior looks though.
kdawg check out my picture of XC60 in GARAGE . Yah the little dude for climate control is different. I really like it's different.
kdawg likes this.

Last edited by JefffromNH; 06-11-2015 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

post #24 of 35 Old 06-16-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborbreeze View Post
:roll eyes:

I was wondering about that too. Wonder how Volvo sales are in antartica? Can't find any Data on that either. Weird...
Just received email today from Volvo and saw some Global sale #s for XC60 at 136993 in 2014. Now need to find out global sale for MXC in 2015.

Article from Important News From Merrimack Street Volvo
post #25 of 35 Old 06-17-2015, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
The Lincoln Motor Company (also known simply as Lincoln) is a division of the Ford Motor Company that sells luxury vehicles under the Lincoln brand. While currently sold primarily in North America and the Middle East, Ford has introduced the Lincoln brand to China in November 2014. Lincoln vehicles are also officially sold in South Korea and Japan.

All Lincoln's only sold around 100,000 globally in 2014, they hope to grow to 300,000 by 2020, but I don't feel that will happen, unless they expand their market real fast.
JefffromNH likes this.

2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.3 Reserve 19" 5-spoke Climate Pkg. Ingot Silver/Ebony
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4 3.6 20" Bright Silver/Black
post #26 of 35 Old 08-26-2015, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I will offer my 2 cents here as my daily driver has been a Volvo XC60 (6 cylinder R-Design) for about 10 months. I drove the MKC before deciding on the MKC & preferred the Volvo for several reasons, although I am not thrilled that Volvo is owned by a Chinese company.

1-While the Volvo configuration I purchased is somewhat more expensive (6 cylinder R-Design), I love the performance (this version is 325HP & moves fast!).
2- It may be perception, but the Volvo feels just a bit larger & I felt like I needed a bit more space after previously driving a 2011 Ford Explorer. I would have taken a good look at the new MKX if it was available, but could not wait another full year.
3- Volvo seats (in this case R-Design sport seats) are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. I am a high mileage driver & have neck & back issues. None of the other premium cars (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Cadillac, Lincoln) provide me with the same comfort) but that's me. It may not be for everyone. This is my 5th Volvo. After 3 years or so driving a Volvo, I decide to get something else & always go back to Volvo.

Having said that, the MKC is a terrific car & we are planning on buying one to replace my wife's BMW 328i. She has driven it & loves the size, ride, & style. Just waiting for her to decide on color & then we will get either a 2015 or 2016, depending on availability.
JefffromNH likes this.
post #27 of 35 Old 08-26-2015, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Thumbs up I Only Buy American Made Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by goepfrich View Post
Volvo is now owned by China as such won't get anymore of my hard earned money.
Hi
I'm with you.
Peter
post #28 of 35 Old 10-22-2015, 01:56 AM

I looked at the XC60 but couldn't get over the fact that it just looked like an XC90 with a bit of the hood trimmed off. And, honestly, for some reason, I just felt the Volvo was definitely more of a woman's car than the Lincoln. I figured if anyone said otherwise, at least I had the Matthew McConaughey commercials to back up my view on the Lincoln.

I also picked the Lincoln over the Volvo based on already being a Ford owner, with my 2014 Mustang GT, and having a stellar ownership experience with that car. I had 58k miles on it and had only been to the dealership for oil changes. All my Hondas had at least had SOME issue by then.

Third, I do like the buy America aspect, and have a sizable chunk of Ford stock that I own as well. I was prepared to cash it out to pay for my MKC, but the magic they were able to work with rebates and 1.9% financing was attractive enough that I didn't bother.
midnite cruiser likes this.
post #29 of 35 Old 02-11-2016, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good cars)))
post #30 of 35 Old 02-12-2016, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
am I the only one who doesn't miss the gear stick? I couldnt wait to say bye bye to any form of a gear stick when I saw the engineering that Lincoln puts in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page