Lincoln Continental Concept Previews Brandís New Flagship Sedan - Lincoln MKC Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By DeMarco
  • 1 Post By psychoart

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-30-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lincoln Continental Concept Previews Brandís New Flagship Sedan

It's been a very long time since we've seen Lincoln produce anything even a bit like this, and finally it's here as a concept.

Though you guys would love to see what Lincoln can accomplish when working to target vehicles such as the BMW 7 Series, Mercedes S-Class and the like.... it's impressive!

You'll want to follow this link to see the full gallery: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...hip-sedan.html

Quote:
Perhaps its best-known nameplate, Lincoln has revived the Continental badge for a new concept car that’s headed to production next year.

Amid a sea of hard-to-remember badges like MKS and MKT, the Continental name still holds relevance, harkening back to an era when Lincoln was actually a relevant luxury brand.

Previewing a new flagship large sedan for the brand, the car will not borrow an engine from the current Ford lineup, but will instead make use of an exclusive 3.0-liter EcoBoost V6 engine.

Coated in the Continental’s signature color of Rhapsody Blue, a modern yet almost art deco design gives a unique flair and Lincoln says the front-end design, “signals the arrival of a new face for Lincoln.”

The car itself also delivers numerous notable features including patented 30-way seats and E-Latch door handles that are flush with the car’s body. The doors also open and close on their own thanks to a button on the door handle “wings.”

Once inside the cabin is pure opulence with Venetian leather seats and Alcantara inserts, as well as a satin headliner and shearling wool carpet.There’s even Rose Gold used for the trim around the instrument cluster.

But the interior experience is all about spoiling the rear seat passengers with a fully reclining passenger-side seat and a desk that deploys from the center console. And of course, there’s a champagne storage compartment. In addition, there’s a unique adjustable-tint sunroof that can be controlled by the passengers to minimize or maximize the amount of sunlight that enters the cabin, adjusting the vehicle’s interior temperature by as much as 18 degrees.

“Luxury at its best is about simplifying and quietly exceeding expectations, rather than being the loudest statement on the road,” said Mark Fields, Ford Motor Company president and CEO. “The Continental Concept showcases the promise of quiet luxury from Lincoln going forward. It also is a strong indication of what’s to come next year as we introduce our new Lincoln Continental full-size luxury sedan.”

Lincoln will debut the new Continental Concept at the New York Auto Show this week.

Radius likes this.
post #2 of 10 Old 03-30-2015, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
About time it's coming back as a 2017MY!

Give it time, Lincoln will be a serious player. Interesting new design, I like the innovations and 21Ē wheels. That extra large back seat is for the chauffeured business elite, especially in China. CNBC just showed the Continental on TV and commented; at a cost of around $100,000, to be driven in, mainly in China.

A scaled down; fully optioned daily for a looser like myself at $65,000 would be quite interesting, minus some of the extra interior chrome of the Concept.

MY 1999 CONTINENTAL: From the window sticker, except for parentheses Built 11/6/98.

1999 4 DOOR (FWD)
5-PASSENGER LUXURY
4.6 32V INTECH V8 ENGINE
ELECTRONIC AUTO O/D TRANS

EXTERIOR:
SILVER FROST CC METALLIC
INTERIOR:
LIGHT GRAPHITE LTH ST SURF

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $38,325.00

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

POWER MOONROOF 1,515.00
PROGRAMMABLE GARAGE DOOR OPENER 120.00
DRIVER/PASSENGER HEATED SEATS 290.00
6-SPOKE CHROME WHEELS (17Ē) 845.00
DRIVER SELECT SYSTEM 595.00
INDIVIDUAL SEATS NO CHARGE
COMPACT DISC CHANGER 595.00
ALPINE AUDIO SYSTEM 565.00
. AUDIOPHILE PI00I AM/FM CASSET

TOTAL 43,520.00

2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.3 Reserve 19" 5-spoke Climate Pkg. Ingot Silver/Ebony
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4 3.6 20" Bright Silver/Black
post #3 of 10 Old 03-30-2015, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Your 1999 Continental sounds nice. Based on the sticker, I'd imagine it had about every available option. I always liked those, thought that they stood out in their day.

This got me thinking about some of my favorite Lincolns of all time. Always been partial to the mid 60's Continentals with the suicide doors, as well as the 1969 Mark 111. I always liked the front grille and trunk on those.

Hoping that future Lincolns create some standouts, like some of the classics.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-30-2015, 11:39 PM

That 99 Continental was quite nice at the time; at 208.5 inchs, offered a good sized rear seat. We've come a long way forward with today's offered options. I also enjoyed my "Land Yacht" MARK V, really liked my two MARK III's the most, although not so much for the LS.

Another good size link to the Concept:

The Lincoln Continental is back [w/videos]

post #5 of 10 Old 03-31-2015, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
This car is definitely a big turning point for Lincoln. It was probably meant for the next president to fully enjoy a non-bailed out genuine luxury American brand!
Once bailed out, it will always be on the record!
midnite cruiser likes this.

Last edited by psychoart; 03-31-2015 at 12:57 AM.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-01-2015, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Here are a bunch of pictures of the Lincoln Continental just for you guys to enjoy and dissect. I find it a bit strange that they didn't go with the winged grille and instead have this new mesh grille instead.

post #7 of 10 Old 04-01-2015, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter090 View Post
I find it a bit strange that they didn't go with the winged grille and instead have this new mesh grille instead.
Everything old is new again...

I never liked the recent grilles myself, so if Lincoln's bringing out a Continental, think the grille suits it fine.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-02-2015, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
post #9 of 10 Old 04-03-2015, 12:46 AM

That's so flattering. Thank you Bentley! But the debate is so childish. It's like saying: "My toilet papers look like yo toilet paperZ, bro!" Ain't no form or shape about it...

Have you seen the backstabbing from GM? That ain't no friend, for sure. Bailed out foe! Next time, think twice before picking a side.

Last edited by psychoart; 04-03-2015 at 12:54 AM.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-04-2015, 09:35 AM

Bentley "Tarts", owned by Volkswagen could have done a better styling for their cost. So lame a commenting as in, your big apple appears to be an apple like just like mine!

Gee, Lincoln your car looks like my car, it's big and has lots of chrome. Four big doors, rear seating and wheels, but you used a big bold beautiful grill and headlamps too, with neat logo's built in. Your Tinted window glass looks like my glass. Did you put an engine and sound system in it also, like us?

Seems that Bentley can dish it out, but they can't take it. Didn't bother them any as they chose to use Lincoln's “Continental” name back in 1950, in place of coming up with their own unique model name, now did it? Or are they just jealous Lincoln did a better looking vehicle at half the cost of theirs?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bentle...--finance.html

LincolnMotorCarMuseum ? A Brief Lincoln History 1939MY

Bentley Continental Profile 1952MY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page