LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 10-10-2015, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Funny

Yesterday I met a new MKC owner in the local target parking lot. We chatted for awhile turns out she just bought one of the last 2015 from my same dealer.

She was thrilled with the car but we got to talking about any fixes. I'm not surprised she knew of no TSBs. I asked her first if she had any problems with her Sirius and she gets a funny look on her face and says "yeah, its weird I drive city a lot for sales and my Acura NEVER had a problem". She's like "the reception was terrible in the places you would think its the best!"

So she will be bringing her car back pronto LOL. I had to email my service manager about another problem I'm having so I told him he could thank me for the lady coming in with the new smoked Quartz reserve needing her Sirius antenna fixed-get the paint ready LOL.

I did however tell him I did not spill the beans about the heated seats, I didn't have the heart to kill her enthusiasm over the car, and he could thank me for omitting that later LOL.

So you might think that since Lincoln knows of issues they might preemptively fix them before the cars are sold but obviously not. I guess it's understandable that they take the risk of "don't tell and hope they don't notice" but for a company trying to rebuild wouldn't you want every customers experience to be positive from the get -go (ie not have to be annoyed finding out about recalls/TSBs and having to bring the car back potentially multiple times) I would think but I guess Lincoln doesn't think so.
post #2 of 16 Old 10-10-2015, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
They really should take care of known issues on all cars and not roll the dice. What's that marketing adage...one unhappy customer outweighs ten happy ones? Or something like that.

On a another sighting note, earlier today I saw a Karat Gold Metallic MKC on the road as I was driving back from a car meet. The color was more subtle than I remember seeing it at the dealer. Looked like a champagne color. Nice.
post #3 of 16 Old 10-11-2015, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
You know expresso that's interesting...early on (January) i saw a karat gold and my dealer also gave me one that color as a loaner. I found it to be just "too" I don't know... I didn't like it. And I usually like unique colors. I never saw another one again.

This summer I saw an MKC at my vacation home parked at a hotel on the beach. I could not figure out the color! At first I thought it might be a 2016 luxe color but it was too yellowish. Silver sands? No way. Ingot? No. It was a gold color which I never remembered except for that karat gold but it was NOT as "bright or loud". I felt it was a muted karat gold. I think I even have a picture of it.

Could it be they toned down the color after production? I couldn't imagine but this gold color was not the karat gold I remembered at all. I wonder...

post #4 of 16 Old 10-11-2015, 02:02 PM

Good question. Yes, the Karat Gold I saw at the dealer was very polarizing -- you either loved it or probably hated it. The one I saw yesterday was very muted. Almost neutral, but elegant. Still, they got rid of it. Odd.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-11-2015, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Ok so I'm not crazy. The original karat gold was more yellow and bright. The one I saw was more like the old school gold (similar to early Lexus RX) which was significantly more understated than the "bold" karat gold. I can't post picture from my iPad on the forum but will post it later next to an online karat gold as I remember the original color.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-11-2015, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Funny-img_7542.jpg

2015 2.3 AWD Reserve
Tahitian Pearl/White Sands/Expresso
19" Luster,THX Audio,Technology/Climate
post #7 of 16 Old 10-11-2015, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Definitely different golds. Photo taken in late August. Blacked out owners license plate for their privacy..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0485f290e93d0a189e92c3c7c358ecff.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	2601   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	2609  
post #8 of 16 Old 10-11-2015, 10:11 PM

Yes, yes, the one with the blacked out license plate is the color I saw yesterday! Glad I wasn't imagining things. Very different than the Karat Gold. Is that just some color I didn't know existed?
post #9 of 16 Old 10-12-2015, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
That is Silver Sand (discontinued for 2015), not Karat Gold.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-12-2015, 05:08 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
The picture on the right is silver sands

2015 MKC 2.3 AWD Reserve White Platinum/White Sands, Tech,Climate,THX, 19" Wheels
9/20/2014

2014 Jeep Cherekee AWD Limited White/Black 3.7 every option package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page