LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 01-03-2016, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
MKC and Luxury Competitors

Starting a new thread to discuss some of the new SUV's coming out and the MKC/MKX competition.

Will start here...

Lamborghini Urus set to be world’s fastest SUV | The National

Its obviously not in the same class as our MKC's but Wow is this beautiful..and set to be the fastest SUV!

The interior is "interesting"

What are your favorites/dreams/likes/dislikes on some of the new SUV's coming out 2016-2017?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	3601   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled2.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	3609   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled3.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	3617  

Last edited by mmoretti; 01-03-2016 at 12:18 PM.
post #2 of 42 Old 01-04-2016, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
That interior is very typical Lamborghini,if that can be said!!! gorgeous,clean and very modern....I really love those seats too, bet that ride can move too!
Yeah, I sure can see this baby sitting in my garage...I think this is the same SUV you posted a few days back, only these are interior pics....stunning!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #3 of 42 Old 01-04-2016, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
That interior is very typical Lamborghini,if that can be said!!! gorgeous,clean and very modern....I really love those seats too, bet that ride can move too!
Yeah, I sure can see this baby sitting in my garage...I think this is the same SUV you posted a few days back, only these are interior pics....stunning!
So futuristic looking...
Those seats don't look crazy comfortable but never know until you sit in them and I doubt I'll ever sit in one to find out....

The outside(shape) almost looks like the original MKC concept. I love the concepts without door handles. When are they going to do away with those? I hate anything that sticks out. The cars look so much cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	3625  

post #4 of 42 Old 01-04-2016, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We were pretty taken by the Jaguar F-Pace when we saw it at last year's auto show in Detroit. If it were out when we were looking, we might not be in an MKC now (though our MKC has had zero notable issues and we're very happy with it). I'm curious to see how it reviews, I'm also a little wary of Jaguar infotainment, but I think I saw it will have Android auto so maybe that's fine.

I think a new redesign of the Volvo xc60 is coming too. If it's like the new xc90 that could also be intriguing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fpace_shoulder.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	3633   Click image for larger version

Name:	fpace_side.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	3641   Click image for larger version

Name:	fpace_rear.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	3649   Click image for larger version

Name:	fpace_interior_side.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	3657   Click image for larger version

Name:	fpace_interior.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	3665  

LincRTR likes this.
post #5 of 42 Old 01-05-2016, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Kather View Post
We were pretty taken by the Jaguar F-Pace when we saw it at last year's auto show in Detroit. If it were out when we were looking, we might not be in an MKC now (though our MKC has had zero notable issues and we're very happy with it). I'm curious to see how it reviews, I'm also a little wary of Jaguar infotainment, but I think I saw it will have Android auto so maybe that's fine.

I think a new redesign of the Volvo xc60 is coming too. If it's like the new xc90 that could also be intriguing.
Definitely like to see an f-pace too. They have a very cool wearable key fob among many other options.

Ive always been impressed with the tech and safety of volvos but just have never liked their look..too much like a station wagon.

Like the new Infiniti coming out too but it looks like it going to be on the small side like the MB GLA.

Took a quick look at the new GLC. Love MB interiors but a little on the fence with how their big screen sits outside of the dash like it does... Overall like the design change over the old GLK but now it kind of looks like all the others.

The new Audi coming looks awesome too. Think it's going to be at the Detroit show coming up, wish we could go.
post #6 of 42 Old 01-05-2016, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Kather View Post

I've researched the F-Pace and visited a Jaguar dealer that gave me a very good overview of Jaguar & what info they had on the F-Pace. I'm considering trading my C in for 1 sometime next year or the year after.

2015 MKC FWD 2.0L, Reserve & Tech packs, THX, 19" wheels, Midnight Sapphire/White Sands-Espresso, Build: Feb 2015
BMW 750 Li
Chevy Malibu Limited LT
Mitsubishi 3000GT
post #7 of 42 Old 01-06-2016, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
The current generation MKC deserves more than 285hp and more than a 6 speed automatic transmission.

I would buy another MKC if Lincoln offers it in the next (2nd) generation with the 10 speed transmission and the 2.7L V6 Turbo.

Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Porsche all got a 3.0T V6.
post #8 of 42 Old 01-06-2016, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoart View Post
The current generation MKC deserves more than 285hp and more than a 6 speed automatic transmission.

I would buy another MKC if Lincoln offers it in the next (2nd) generation with the 10 speed transmission and the 2.7L V6 Turbo.

Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Porsche all got a 3.0T V6.
Was pleased to see MB will be releasing a GLC 450 next year with 360HP.
I haven't had time to test drive the current 240 hp GLC (which would be comparable to our 2.0s) to see how it compares. I have a 2.3 and definitely don't want to go down in power but I'm curious to see how the 9 speed transmission translates.
post #9 of 42 Old 01-06-2016, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
The GLC 450 AMG Sport is a very attractive car for its sportiness, albeit the price will go way much higher toward the $60k. For that kinda of money, I would get a Porsche Macan instead.

The current MKC, on the other hand, is totally a different proposition. The car's price fits its size with a best all-around package (including CCD & the use of regular 87 octane fuel) @ around $45k.

Pricewise, a GLA45 AMG can now be had for around $50k with no CCD like, and requires premium gas in a much smaller platform.

So going beyond the $50k territory, the Germans really have the upper hand, unless Lincoln can offer more.
post #10 of 42 Old 01-06-2016, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoart View Post
The GLC 450 AMG Sport is a very attractive car for its sportiness, albeit the price will go way much higher toward the $60k. For that kinda of money, I would get a Porsche Macan instead.

The current MKC, on the other hand, is totally a different proposition. The car's price fits its size with a best all-around package (including CCD & the use of regular 87 octane fuel) @ around $45k.

Pricewise, a GLA45 AMG can now be had for around $50k with no CCD like, and requires premium gas in a much smaller platform.

So going beyond the $50k territory, the Germans really have the upper hand, unless Lincoln can offer more.
Oh the macan My BIL has a cayenne but I actually like the smaller macan.

My husband who is not a big MB fan saw the GLE AMG when we went to look at the GLC. It was all blacked out with sick wheels. He totally wants one. What a beauty. And the tech..... I want one too.

I tell you it was hard for me to plunk down the money (I have fully loaded except for 20 inch wheels) for a Lincoln. It honestly was the biggest stumbling block to buying it. I had no problem plunking that much down and then some for the Q5 or an MB (gla was too small and did not like GLK) or BMW or Land Rover. But I just couldn't see spending that much when I could go over to the German brands for similar coin...

The fact that I could get a good price (although the best deal I got in car search was actually for an Infiniti) did help me to buy it in a very small way but not because of the money savings overall but it was my perceived "value" of Lincoln and the quality. i felt I could "take the risk" because of that little bit of savings (and it wasn't much over the q5 I was going to get) and it helped me to take the chance on Lincoln because I was paying closer to my perceived value.

Boy did I get burned unfortunately if you follow my posts LOL. So far instead of increasing my perceived value of Lincoln it just keeps plummeting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page