Automotive Munchausen syndrome by proxy- could this be a real thing? - Lincoln MKC Forum
 23Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Automotive Munchausen syndrome by proxy- could this be a real thing?

Automotive Munchausen syndrome by proxy is a behaviour pattern in which an automobile driver, owner or lease holder fabricates, exaggerates, or induces problems with their vehicle or on a specific automotive brand, usually to gain attention or sympathy from others, and/or to get out of a car payment they cannot afford, and/or to obtain a new vehicle. With deception at its core, this behaviour is elusive, manipulative, often slanderous to the automobile manufacturer, repairing facility or dealer, and should be recognized as a form of crazy.
KenZ, Mojo, TheReaper and 2 others like this.

2015 MKC
Select +
2.3 AWD
Tuxedo black / ebony with Sonata Spin aluminum trim
Climate package
September 19, 2014 build date

2016 Black Label MKZ
2.0 AWD
Black tie / jet black center stage theme interior
post #2 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sarcasm is not easily recognizable in type......

I have had my MKC since August of 2014 and am still very pleased with my car. Admittedly I have experienced no real problems other than a few quirky things that required a reset of some sort that I could accomplish on my own. I work in automotive and am fairly experienced with new technology and cars in general however I also tend to not need the newest "thing". I do not have the tech package specifically because my MKC is the first production year and assumed there were bound to be complications and glitches. My tolerance level may also be higher than the average owner as I am at dealerships of all makes every day for work; I have a very broad base of experience with good and not so good dealers. All that said, I have yet to find a manufacturer that produces a completely fix or repair free vehicle.
post #3 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouMKCmeNow View Post
Automotive Munchausen syndrome by proxy is a behaviour pattern in which an automobile driver, owner or lease holder fabricates, exaggerates, or induces problems with their vehicle or on a specific automotive brand, usually to gain attention or sympathy from others, and/or to get out of a car payment they cannot afford, and/or to obtain a new vehicle. With deception at its core, this behaviour is elusive, manipulative, often slanderous to the automobile manufacturer, repairing facility or dealer, and should be recognized as a form of crazy.

Amen!

We have a 2016 since September and we love it!
CanYouMKCmeNow likes this.

2016 MKC - August 2015 build
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat

post #4 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Hey there we go again blaming the owner creating an attitude of its not the dealer or the manufacturer. Yup that's what the dealer and Lincoln is trying to do to me. Claim I'm doing it or making it up Well I'm in FL right now and tell me how I make my car in NJ die yesterday.

Have yet another appointment at the dealer when I return. Told them I want them at my house 7:45 am so they can see it for themselves. I also provided them with videos of the problem...but deny deny deny. They won't come out...you know why...because they don't want to be proven wrong. They want to believe what you and others believe. Same with the rocks, asked them to come out and take a drive with me to witness first hand. They won't do it. Yup making it all up because I have so much free time in my life for this BS.

Un f-ing believable.

Can't wait until one of you has issues like this in a car one day.

You people need to pull your head out of your ass one day. I'm not saying everyone's car is a POS so glad for the lucky ones. But my car is absolutely the biggest piece of garbage I've ever had. And it's incredibly disappointing and sad to me.

You are right, all manufacturers have their issues but to literally accuse the people with problems of lying or making it up is ridiculous. Wait until you are in this situation one day whether it be a car or other major purchase that is important to you.
post #5 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoretti View Post
Hey there we go again blaming the owner creating an attitude of its not the dealer or the manufacturer. Yup that's what the dealer and Lincoln is trying to do to me. Claim I'm doing it or making it up Well I'm in FL right now and tell me how I make my car in NJ die yesterday.

Have yet another appointment at the dealer when I return. Told them I want them at my house 7:45 am so they can see it for themselves. I also provided them with videos of the problem...but deny deny deny. They won't come out...you know why...because they don't want to be proven wrong. They want to believe what you and others believe. Same with the rocks, asked them to come out and take a drive with me to witness first hand. They won't do it. Yup making it all up because I have so much free time in my life for this BS.

Un f-ing believable.

Can't wait until one of you has issues like this in a car one day.

You people need to pull your head out of your ass one day. I'm not saying everyone's car is a POS so glad for the lucky ones. But my car is absolutely the biggest piece of garbage I've ever had. And it's incredibly disappointing and sad to me.

You are right, all manufacturers have their issues but to literally accuse the people with problems of lying or making it up is ridiculous. Wait until you are in this situation one day whether it be a car or other major purchase that is important to you.
Who said anything about you? Why do you assume this has anything to do with you?
TheReaper, 2015 MSM and countryguy like this.

2015 MKC
Select +
2.3 AWD
Climate package

2016 Black Label MKZ
2.0 AWD
post #6 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
And there is no reason to curse and swear. Maybe that is how you speak in daily life but I don't care for it. And if you are talking to people that you are dealing with at Lincoln like that, I wouldn't. It makes you lose credibility. It literally makes you sound crazy. And my head is no where near my rear, thank you very much.

2015 MKC
Select +
2.3 AWD
Climate package

2016 Black Label MKZ
2.0 AWD
post #7 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 04:35 PM

Don't. Put. Up. With. It. Any. More.

Instead of complaining on a message board to people who can't fix your problems gather up all of your notes, emails and repair order copies and call a lawyer. I sympathize with you as I have had a "clunker" before too. However, you are accomplishing nothing here. Good luck!
CanYouMKCmeNow and countryguy like this.
post #8 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
You need to stop having such blind faith in a car/company that obviously has their problems. A lot of mkcs out there have problems. It's documented all over. Stop alluding ANYONE is lying about it. You knew exactly what you were doing by posting that. Especially if you read my last post.

Although I used myself as an example to illustrate such ignorant attitudes it applies to anyone on here complaining of a problem.

Just be happy your mkc is so perfect and stop bashing those with problems. And yes when you post something like that it IS bashing them even if indirectly. Do you think we are stupid or is it because we are women complaining?
post #9 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
"gather up all of your notes, emails and repair order copies and call a lawyer." I suggested this a few posts back, but was chastised for EVEN thinking it,let alone suggesting it....so I keep my thoughts to myself and suggestions in check....Lawyers have a way of presenting a case and validating it...Unless a manufacturer is duly served with intended litigation, you automatically go to the back burner BY DEFAULT....
AND....most lawyers that practice contractual law almost always offer an hour free consultation to anyone, that's not because they are nice people...they are assessing the case being brought in front of them,usually when they win, legal fees are tagged on to the losing party....so you have a legal mind working on your behalf at no real cost to the client....and you're being well served!
I know enough of the legal process, I have family members that practice law!
These were the suggestions I offered Janice... and someone else, but the answer was "who has the time and $$$ to deal with lawyers".....sometimes these ARE the only options open to you...(speaking in general).
Mojo and CanYouMKCmeNow like this.

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #10 of 25 Old 01-23-2016, 05:43 PM

On message boards it is not always obvious the sex of a commenter, so for the record I am a woman. My advice is the same, call a lawyer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page