LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Wholy Deloreans

My back to the future addicted son just got a huge thrill as we came across a car restoration lot in Naples FL with 25+ Deloreans all lined up waiting for restoration. Barely seen one let alone all these in one spot!! Cool. Wish we could take a ride in one. The interiors are pretty beat up.

The new tesla suv is supposed to have gull winged doors too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1453576813687.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	3865   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1453576859481.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	3873   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1453576952167.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	3881  
post #2 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
My neighbor down the street has a friend with a mint DeLorean that's often parked out front. I've seen him out there several times treating the surface of the car. The car looks brand new inside and out.

(Formerly) 2015 MKC 2.3 AWD Reserve
Midnight Sapphire Metallic - White Sands/Espresso interior
THX | Tech Pkg. | Climate Pkg. | 19" Wheels
Build date: July 2014
post #3 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Just looked it up online to see when we got back to my FIL s(visiting him in fl from ni)
Delorean motor company, had no idea there were still so many out there.
They have one modded out with all the lights that they bring to schools and trade shows. My son would love....
My husband had a neighbor when he was little that owned one and he got to ride in it a bunch of times

Lots of cool beautiful cars down here in sunny FL. I saw every kind in about 15 span trip to the grocery....

Looking hard to spot my first evoque convertible. My dream)especially if I lived in FL).

Km did you see one at the LA show?

post #4 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 03:02 PM

Yes, just commented about MKC competitor models at the L.A. show in the "North American International Auto Show in Detroit" thread. There was an Evoque convertible, but not open to get inside. You could only look at the exterior.

I've never driven an Evoque to see how they feel. LR's history is enough to keep me away for quite awhile until they and Jaguar prove over time that Tata's ownership is really resulting in long term improvement. It does look that way, but the future will tell. A friend had a Range Rover a few years ago and it was beyond a nightmare with problems, issues, breakdowns, etc. I do like the looks of the new Discovery, though. Vast improvement over the old LR2.

post #5 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Oh goodness km you and my husband LOL. He has the exact same attitude and we too have had relatives with several LRs that were a nightmare. He won't go near Tata motors and has tortured me since I became obsessed with the evoque at its release in 2012. I just LOVE it, I can't get over it. And when I saw the convertible...OMG. In fact I kept my Cadillac for 3 years battling him on the evoque...

Every year it was like "we need to get you a new car, pick one out".
"Can I get the evoque?"
"No way, pick any other car(manufacturer)"
"Well I don't like anything else"
Back to the Cadillac. LOL. Every year for three years I held out and tried. But its not happening :-(.
MKC was one of the only other ones that eventually came out that fit my "look".

He did finally let me test drive one to try to get it out of my system. 9 speed transmission Freaking rocket! interior not as nice and hard ride..but I would overlook that in a heartbeat to have one. The new discovery sport isn't bad either.

But there will be no Tata motors car in my garage. :-( My best hope is someone else buys Land Rover LOL.
post #6 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 04:44 PM

Actually, I think LR and Jag have improved since Tata bought them. It was the previous British ownership that was the problem. Ford certainly improved their electrical systems (one of Jaguar's biggest problems...) while they owned them, but Ford had spread themselves so thin with all those Premium brands, and the starvation of Lincoln sadly that went along with it, that I don't think they really had enough time to fix everything with LR/Jaguar. They certainly handed them off to Tata a lot better than what they got from the previous owner. My friend's RR was from the early years of Ford ownership and still was carrying a lot of the old pre-Ford LR DNA, I think. However, thank goodness Alan Mulally did all that or Ford would be so much worse off and there would likely be no Lincoln today. Chinese ownership has actually helped Volvo.

But I still think more time is needed to see how things hold up. Although, the XJ notwithstanding, I do feel that the interior on the refreshed XF is a step backwards from the original XF a few years ago and may be a cause for concern. The new XE and F-pace seem to be the same. I do lust after the F-type, though...here kitty kitty...

Last edited by kmccart; 01-23-2016 at 04:48 PM.
post #7 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yeah it was electrical problems with the first 2 LRs my BIL owned, from there it went to a whole wheel coming off at high speed outside of NYC on a highway for his third (he too couldn't get over LR and kept going back for more punishment). That's really the final straw why my husband is so adamant about no LR.

Yeah, that f pace looks sweet. Awesome green color too and brown interiors :-). I love the watch style key fob. I'm an outdoors person and that's awesome. No key to carry.

Oh please don't tell my husband jag is Tata motors too :-). Another potential car off the table LOL.
post #8 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 06:08 PM

I too have experienced the lovely sensation of a wheel coming off at high speed (Rt. 75 outside Toledo, OH on a snowy sub-zero Feb. afternoon many years ago), but that was while driving my Dad's piece of garbage 1980's GMC van. I consider myself lucky to be alive...never been so scared in my life.

post #9 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
No doubt. If you knew the area it happened you'd know how extremely lucky he was to be able get his car over to the side. It came off but luckily stayed inside the wheel well until he was up against a jersey barrier (concrete blocks in the road ) so it didn't kill him or anyone else. It flew into it as he was getting car pulled over. Seconds and it could have been extreme disaster. That would scare the **** out of me.
post #10 of 15 Old 01-23-2016, 07:40 PM

I was in the third lane of a four lane stretch. The van lurched (no real warning up to that point...) and I looked into the mirror on the door just in time to see driver's side rear wheel fly off. It went around the back of the van and bounced across lanes 1 & 2 and off the side of the road into deep snow. I somehow managed to get it under control and off to the center median. But then, while waiting for aid (these were the days before cell phones, of course), another car hit me from behind because they didn't yield enough right of way. It was a total fiasco.

How that wheel didn't hit any other cars or cause another accident, I'll never know - the traffic was heavy. But I thank my lucky stars it didn't. We probably would have been in lawsuits up to our earlobes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page