Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Trans wont shift out of park

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Greg Santer 
#1 ·
I just got a 2015 Lincoln MKC from a salvage auction. It is a 2015 with 2.3 and AWD. I don't know anything about the history of the car other than it has 54k miles and it was hit on the passenger side doors and front fender. Not hard enough to affect the shifter thingy mounted on the inner fender. It did deploy the side curtain airbags and lock the seatbelts. I'm am relatively sure it was going into gear before the accident. Anybody had the problem? Does anybody know if the is some type of immobilizer after a accident that needs to be reset? The engine does run. I have lots of work to do to get the MKC back on the road. I will be using this car for my personal car.

I am new to the forum and Thanks for all your help.

Greg Santer

#2 ·
not much help but I have a thought-- Did you check to make sure all the fuses are good? the shift is electronic.
do the brakes work? (won't shift unless brakes work)
check to see the tow procedures for this model... tow company could of manually put in it neutral and it needs to be reset. The old fashion manual shifters had a spot next to the shifter to manually set into tow mode. not sure about the fancy electronic shifter in mkc

#3 ·
There is an electric motor on the passenger side engine compartment that simply moves the shifter cable. Maybe the motor is bad

#5 ·
The shifter motor is on the right side under the hood. It is a normal shift cable running to the actuator motor. I would unhook the cable and see if it moves freely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.