Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Going the right way

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Mackbottoms 
#1 ·
I bought a salvage 2015 MKC and Friday. Today I put on the boneyard sheet metal. Still tons to do. I found the correct paint code parts. Before and after. Tomorrow work on panel alignment and suspension.

Replaced the front and rear doors and the front fender. Bent the Lower control arm, strut, and broke the tie rod. Drove the drive shaft into the transmission cracking the case.

Sanman

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't know if you need any parts but I have a parts car laying around. It has a good transmission with 10,500 miles on it.

#6 ·
I removed the airbag module and sent it to safety restore to get it reset. I got the wrong piece of trim that goes at the top of the B pillar. Most of the car has been polished with compound. Next week super clean the interior, polish the paint and I should be done.

#8 ·
Turning off the folding mirrors should have no effect on the puddle lights. You said the mirror is broken...is it possible there is a wiring issue for both the mirror and light?

#9 ·
Puddle lights

After some thought and looking at it. The welcome mat displays when the mirror is folded in, so since the mirrors are out the light wouldn't work. The wiring is good. The problem is in the motion motor. I think the stop is broken and the gears may be partially stripped. Anybody take apart one of these mirrors and fix it? It seems like a pain to find a replacement. Mine looks good, I only need the internal parts to work.

Sanman

#10 ·
Mirrors

Ok, So I thought why not turn the power mirrors back on and see if I can get them working. The drivers mirror works fine no problems. The passenger mirror retrackes fine but when it opens it goes past the stop and over rotates. Are there any fixes for this?

Puddle lights work fine with the mirrors on.

Sanman

#11 ·
Today I got my SRS module back from safety restore. They say they cleared the hard codes from the crash. Anyhow I put the SRS module back in and my airbag light is still on :(

I believe everything was replaced to repair the airbag system.

So I ordered a ELM327 cable for forscan. Should be here on Friday. I have to figure out why the airbag light is on and I wanted to reset the transmission adaptation anyhow. Now I'm going to learn forscan.

Sanman68

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.