LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2018, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
DRM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rim being repaired today

Bought a used 2016 with 33K on the clock, I kept getting odd wheel noise and some vibration. Found out I had a bent rim when I put new tires on it last week. I have the wheel at “The Wheel Doctor” today looking forward to getting it back and having this car smooth out.
post #2 of 5 Old 12-03-2018, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
that's interesting..I too came across something similar, got new tires in September and the car vibrated, took it to 2 different places, both noted one rim out of round, took it to the dealer and because the finish was chipping were able to warranty the wheel, while changing the wheel the tech advised the new tire on the opposite side was out of round. Went to the place where they installed the tires and they said there was nothing wrong! he said do you want to come see? I said sure! well, once he started spinning I could see the tire hop and told him, I see the tire out of round, he said none are ever perfectly round! I told him...change the tire, the ordered a new one I got in touch with Michelin and advised the shop wanted to charge for installation,I complained that I already paid once and the tire is defective, they said they would cover the cost.I called the shop to see if they had the new tire and he said "yes", made an appointment for tomorrow, also advised him that Michelin will cover the cost of installation, he said he never heard of that before, I gave him the reference number that Michelin gave me, hopefully he follows up with Michelin to confirm!
KenZ and Buckeye like this.

post #3 of 5 Old 12-04-2018, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
DRM

(Thread Starter)
Put it back on last night. 80 miles in and its smooth as glass.
2015 MSM likes this.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-04-2018, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015 MSM View Post
that's interesting..I too came across something similar, got new tires in September and the car vibrated, took it to 2 different places, both noted one rim out of round, took it to the dealer and because the finish was chipping were able to warranty the wheel, while changing the wheel the tech advised the new tire on the opposite side was out of round. Went to the place where they installed the tires and they said there was nothing wrong! he said do you want to come see? I said sure! well, once he started spinning I could see the tire hop and told him, I see the tire out of round, he said none are ever perfectly round! I told him...change the tire, the ordered a new one I got in touch with Michelin and advised the shop wanted to charge for installation,I complained that I already paid once and the tire is defective, they said they would cover the cost.I called the shop to see if they had the new tire and he said "yes", made an appointment for tomorrow, also advised him that Michelin will cover the cost of installation, he said he never heard of that before, I gave him the reference number that Michelin gave me, hopefully he follows up with Michelin to confirm!

Just to follow up, turns out the tire was defective! It had a flat spot that caused the issue, new tire installed, joy has returned. I had to pay $2.50 (tire disposal fee).

post #5 of 5 Old 12-05-2018, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
DRM

(Thread Starter)
Funny part of dropping off the wheel and tire to be repaired. Small independent shop opens at 9;00 closed for lunch and closes at 6:00. I knew that would not work for my schedule as I wanted to drop it off at 7:30 on the way to work. So I googled and looked at street view as to what the shop looked like. They had a chain link fence out front. I put on my spare and put the rim/tire in the back to drop off. When I got there I got out a cable and combination lock that I use on a bicycle and locked it to their fence, called and left them a message with my info and the combination. They called me back when they opened and said that no one has ever done that before, but lots of people complain about their goofy hours. They said they liked my style. Seemed a pretty simple way to get things done in my mind.
KenZ, 2015 MSM and mrmikesdeuce like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page