Ice and Snow - Lincoln MKC Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-03-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ice and Snow

My wife drives the MKC to work. We had a bit of snow and she ran through a big drift to avoid traffic, vehicle handled it quite nicely. On the way home she felt a vibration when she went over 30mph. I noticed quite a build up of ice and snow on the backside of the wheels, knocked off as much as I could, drove the vehicle and it seemed okay. I actually felt a big clump fall off when I was driving. She drove to work this morning and reported everything back to normal. Anybody else seen this, build up of ice and snow resulting in obvious vibration? We drive in snow a lot so this may turn out to be a PIA if it is common.
post #2 of 2 Old 01-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
I just had the same thing happen 2 days ago after driving home on New Year's Eve on roads that had a foot of snow. When I parked the car in the garage the rims were full of snow. From previous experience on other cars with the same type of rims, I knew I should have cleaned the snow from the rims before it froze but I was too tired and didn't do it. The next day I cleaned most of the snow off but noticed some of it had turned to clumps of ice on the rims. I drove to the gas station and the entire vehicle was shaking because of the unbalance on the wheels. When I got home I cleaned off all the ice clumps. I haven't driven it since but I do have to go out this afternoon so I am hoping the shaking is gone. I have winter tires on their own rims but the rims are a pain because they plug with snow.

2015 MKC
2.3L AWD
White Platinum Met Tri-Coat/White Sand Prem Lthr
Equip. Group 102A Reserve
Climate package
Technology package
20" aluminum wheels
Build 12/2014
Lease end 06/23/19 - car returned to Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List