Votes: 4 25.0%

Votes: 1 6.3%

Votes: 11 68.8%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insurance is just about to finalize the settlement for our flooded 2015 MKC. Wife wants another one.

So, I was originally looked for a CPO 17' due to the massive depreciation hit. But it seems the 2017's a have a whole new group of issues/TSBs.

I have found a couple of really really low (under 10K) 2015's and 2016's.

I like the Sync 3 upgrade and Apple Car Play on 2017 (compared to our 15's MyLincoln), but curious to hear thoughts about the 2017s.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 16' with sync 3. I installed the latest software from lincoln and swapped the USB socket out and now carplay works as well. I really like carplay and wouldn't buy a car that didn't support it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 16' with sync 3. I installed the latest software from lincoln and swapped the USB socket out and now carplay works as well. I really like carplay and wouldn't buy a car that didn't support it.
Sync 3 is more of a plus than Car Play to be honest (for me). It just seems way more responsive.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry, I misread the poll. Disregard one of the 2015 votes.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I have a 2015 MKC with the old Sync. I also have a 2017 MKZ with the new Sync.

New Sync in the 2017's is much faster. The screen has better resolution. The voice recognition is 1000% better than the old Sync. The voice recognition is what would make me prefer the 2017.

I am not a fan of CarPlay. After the initial couple months of playing with it, I don't think I have used it at all in the last 5 or 6 months.

I like the "4 Corners" home screen on the old Sync. It is much easier to get around. The home screen on the new Sync is sexier and more technologically advanced - but a little less user friendly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a 2015. Now have a 2017. Yes the synch is much better. Also have the climate package. Didn't realize how much I'd like the heated steering wheel. ��

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sync 3 is much better than 15/16 Sync. Can't speak to CarPlay, being Android user I can say that the Android Auto is really sweet (especially now that Waze is in beta for AA). 2017 for sure!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just traded my 2015 for the 2017.
World of difference.
The 2017 has all the best of the tech packages especially following and lane keeping.
Old 2015 sync was a dud.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just traded my 2015 for the 2017.
World of difference.
The 2017 has all the best of the tech packages especially following and lane keeping.
Old 2015 sync was a dud.
What influenced you to trade for the same vehicle after only 2 years? Brand loyalty?

·
Registered
65 Posts
After about 50000 miles wanted something with more safety features and a better sync.
Also the dealer and especially the head of the service department was a big factor.
They have gone all out to satisfy the customer.
The salesperson on the 2017 worked with me to make it all come together.
Also just like the car,it meets my needs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the opinions everyone!!!

We went shopping over the weekend and looked/drove ALOT of cars, here were the models: 2015-2017 MKC, 2016-2017 MKX and 2015-2017 QX50.

The wife liked the MKX, but not as much as the MKC. We didn't really need to extra room of the MKX. The QX50 was the "hotrod" of the group, but she felt it was WAY too similar to our G37 (duh) LOL.

The wife ended up picking a SUPER low mileage later build 2015 (10,754 miles and September Build), which was identical to what she had, although is outside of most of the early recalls. Although it may sound trivial, she didn't care for the wood/interior of the 2017 compared to the 2015. Although the Sync 2 is slower, she is more comfortable with the "four corners" of the 2015. She also has like a 2 mile commute, so a lot of the Infotainment stuff is really a non-issue. For me, if my next ride is a Lincoln/Ford, it WILL have Sync 3.

I will tell you though, the Revell audio system in the MKX is awesome!!!

Now, we just have to wait for insurance to kick over the cash. Dealer said they will hold the car for us with a $1000 deposit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Bought my 2015 Reserve with 17K on odometer in March. Now has 23K. It has been perfect and seen as I use an Ipod, Lincoln touch, while a bit slow, works fine. Look is identical and getting it for 29K was pretty sweet to me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sync 3 is much better than 15/16 Sync. Can't speak to CarPlay, being Android user I can say that the Android Auto is really sweet (especially now that Waze is in beta for AA). 2017 for sure!

The 2016 also has Sync 3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just traded by 15 for 17 Black Label. Car overall is 30% better at least. The tranny and engine are now in sync and seem to anticipate each other, the steering is better with faster turn in, the ride is much smoother, the car is somehow even quieter, the seats are higher up and more comfortable, the fit and finish is better. I am surprised at how much better the car is. Lincoln did some real work vs early 2015. Far better by FAR.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just traded by 15 for 17 Black Label. Car overall is 30% better at least. The tranny and engine are now in sync and seem to anticipate each other, the steering is better with faster turn in, the ride is much smoother, the car is somehow even quieter, the seats are higher up and more comfortable, the fit and finish is better. I am surprised at how much better the car is. Lincoln did some real work vs early 2015. Far better by FAR.
Honestly, between our early 2015 that was totaled and the numerous loaners (2015,2016 & 2017) we had during the insurance claim process, we had exposure to a lot of different MKCs. The only the thing I noticed on the interior was the version of Sync, color of the wood and the 2017 added the digital speedo. All models were Reserve models (including our totaled one). Seats were the same, Leather was the same. Although the 2017 had a slightly different color on the "light" interior. White Sands vs Cappuccino.

I did notice better transmission programming with our new one, it's a later build 2015 (September vs June). Ride, Handling and noise, I honestly don't see any difference at all between all the ones we had.

Did you possibly go from a lower model to a Black Label? The rim size and tire selection can make all the difference, especially what you listed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is no mechanical difference between 2.3 AWD MKC Reserve and 2.3 AWD MKC Black Label

Seat, suspension, engine, transmission are the same. The only difference is with the 'special' interior selections. Colors and materials.

Your sense of sitting higher could be do to the std 19" wheels that come with the BL, Reserve comes Std with 18"
Glad you are happier

1 - 17 of 17 Posts