Lincoln MKC Forum banner

2.0 l engine failure explanation

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BeckyZzzz 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I found this video on YouTube, this is the best explanation I have found for those that do not understand why, and want to understand why, the 2.0 engines tend to fail on cylinder two or three. I hope you guys enjoy the video

• Helpful
Reactions: Jonzim and Photon
#3 · (Edited)
I have a 2019 Lincoln MKC 2.3 that leaked coolant between 2 and 3 at around 33,000 miles and required the gasket to be replaced. Apparently, it was a failure of the gasket itself. The engine is OK. Why would the gasket fail? Are the 2.3 engines built the same way as the 2.0? Should I expect a second failure in the future along the lines of this video?

#4 ·
I don't believe the 2.3 had this problem, I don't know why but does not seem to be common. I believe it's a similar block design, but just what I've seen around the forum is most people with a 2.3 don't have that problem. I wouldn't be too worried, probably just a manufacturing defect

#8 ·
I don't believe the 2.3 had this problem, I don't know why but does not seem to be common. I believe it's a similar block design, but just what I've seen around the forum is most people with a 2.3 don't have that problem. I wouldn't be too worried, probably just a manufacturing defect
thanks. The serviceman said something along the same line. Maybe with the 2.3's they didn't cut for cooling between the cylinders so it doesn't fail like the 2.0s.

#6 ·
Just got back from an oil change - only to have heard that they had to add about 2 quarts of coolant.

That is NOT normal. I've got a $7800 bad feeling coming on I think.
Oh no that is not good. I hate to be pessimistic though. Maybe it's something simple

#9 ·
Thank all the post. My car, 2019 MKC 2.0 has the same issue with engine light on and off all the time. I visited a dealer four times. The first three times the light was off on the way there and the technician couldn't find the issue. The last time I drove with light and luckily to get them checked without an appointment. Yes, it is the same issue coolant leakage. Since it is still under warranty, (The milage is only 29k), they will get the cylinder replaced with no cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.