Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a '17 MKC Reserve with the 2.3 engine. I'm wondering how the performance of a new Nautilus with the 2.7 engine would compare. I'm thinking about moving up to the bigger vehicle, but am curious about the performance comparisons.

·
Registered
89 Posts
apples and oranges, you need to go drive it. The 2.3 is a 4 cyl and the 2.7 is a 6 cyl with 90 hp more. The 4 comes with a six speed tranny while the 6 comes with an 8 speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My previous car was a 2015 Ford Edge Sport with the aforementioned 2.7. I currently have a 2018 MKC with the 2.3. I test drove an MKX with the 2.7 when I was looking at the MKC. The difference is noticeable, moreso in the Edge versus the MKX. I will say that my MKC feels faster off the line and overall feels much lighter than the Edge felt from the driver's seat. There are certain spots in the power band of the 2.3 that I feel causes the MKC to fall flat on its face (especially driving up the steeps hills of Pittsburgh) where the Edge never once felt out of breath. The 2.7 is definitely faster in the long run and definitely more fun to drive. In the MKX it was obviously tuned for a softer ride, less exciting driving and to be more comfortable overall. I'm quite happy with the 2.3 MKC but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the 2.7 at times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts