Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share this recall notice that I got in the app yesterday. Called my service manager and he said that it’s not urgent, but should take care of it as soon as it’s convenient. He mentioned that the current program may overheat the catalytic converter, and the reprogram will fix it. They are adding an additional 12 months of transmission warranty from the date of reprogramming as a backup.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i just looked and saw that. thanks for the heads up.

·
Administrator
507 Posts
So I am curious. I don't have that recall for my car. Granted Lincoln won't touch my car with all the custom work I have done. My Vin is a 2017 2.0l. Maybe this is only for the 2.3. I better flash it myself then.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I am curious. I don't have that recall for my car. Granted Lincoln won't touch my car with all the custom work I have done. My Vin is a 2017 2.0l. Maybe this is only for the 2.3. I better flash it myself then.
Correct, the SM told me it was told 2.3L engines, not sure if it's only AWD or not though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Received recall letter. Has anyone done it? I would like to know how long it actually takes, letter stated 1/2 day and with the distance, 50 miles, and the Vid spike in that area I want to spend the least time as possible. I can change/adjust torque converter in my F150 in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also got the letter. Met with the SM. He didn’t seem to know much about the fix, other than it is a software update. If they install the update, Lincoln will warranty just the torque converter for a year from the update date.

I told the SM that if they can’t tell me what the update will change, I’ll decline the update, as my 2015 C with 71k miles runs so good I don’t want to take a chance on them fixing what is not broke.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did it a couple of weeks back. Took around 45 minutes before they took the car out to get it washed. All in all I was out of the dealership in about an hour with paperwork. I can't tell any difference in driving, although the problematic issue that the recall fixed may not be apparent unless you are doing long distance driving or towing.

Reactions: TxTom

·
Registered
98 Posts
Called the service tech and he said they take about an hour so no big deal. He suggested getting it done when I had vehicle serviced, kill two birds with one stone since it is about due.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wanted to share this recall notice that I got in the app yesterday. Called my service manager and he said that it’s not urgent, but should take care of it as soon as it’s convenient. He mentioned that the current program may overheat the catalytic converter, and the reprogram will fix it. They are adding an additional 12 months
Wanted to share this recall notice that I got in the app yesterday. Called my service manager and he said that it’s not urgent, but should take care of it as soon as it’s convenient. He mentioned that the current program may overheat the catalytic converter, and the reprogram will fix it.
I believe the current program may over heat the torque converter, not the catalytic converter..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had the recall done, about an hour, had service done also. Anybody that had it done notice a difference in gas mileage? May just be the cold weather but our mileage is down, not going to panic until the weather gets warmer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Had this done couple months ago to my 2.3 AWD. Haven't noticed and difference, also no change in the gas mileage which is not very good since it is used only around town driving. About 17-19 MPG depending. But straight freeway driving only at about 65 MPH is 26-27 MPG.

·
Registered
98 Posts
We avg around 24 but with the weather being so cold, double digit negatives, and no long trips and remote starting, longer warm-up times, that will zap mileage.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good news, mileage is back to normal. Took 250 miles at 80 and got over 24. Super cold weather, longer warm-ups with remote start do have a noticeable decline in fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. do you know, can i do reprogramming by myself with ELS27?

·
Administrator
507 Posts
If I were you I would use obdlink ex. This requires extremely high bitrate to do. I tried to using an ELM adapter and it would fail. Even with obdlink ex using a slow forscan software and the adapter on an old firmware would fail. It was not until I updated the firmware in the adapter, got a high bitrate version of forscan (I think they auto adjust now days) that the update took. Btw forscan 2.4.**** is required for this. If you want for info let me know

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can you provide a little more detail on how you update it with Forscan 2.4.3 I have the latest builds and the OBDLink EX with latest firmware.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts