Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Lincoln MKC Packages

Equipment Group 101A - $3,230
Leather upholstery; Front passenger seat front seat with 10-way power power height, power lumbar and power tilt; Ambient lighting; Garage door opener; Coming home device; Driver and passenger door mirrors with turn signals; Electric foldable mirrors; Day time running lights; Cargo area cover/rear parcel shelf; Front and rear alloy wheels: 18"; Luster Nickel wheels

Equipment Group 102A - $6,935
Internal HD navigation system with 3D and voice; Voice activating system for navigation system; Hands-Free liftgate; Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) overtaking sensor; Cross-traffic Alert; Tilt telescoping steering wheel; Front and rear alloy two-tone 18"; Polished w/Dark Stainless Pocket wheels; Remote engine starter; Remote lock/unlock; Vehicle finder; Driver and front passenger seat front seat heated, ventilated and climate-controlled; Includes: [101A] Equipment Group 101A And [43M] Panoramic Vista Roof w/Power Shades

Class II Trailer Tow Package - $495
Trailer towing preparation includes: trailer hitch; Weights: gross trailer weight braked (lbs): 3,500; Trailer stability program; Requires: [101A] Equipment Group 101A; Or [102A] Equipment Group 102A

Select Plus Package - $1,100
Internal HD navigation system with 3D and voice; Voice activating system for navigation system; Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) overtaking sensor; Cross-traffic Alert; Requires: [101A] Equipment Group 101A

Technology Package - $2,235
Adaptive cruise control; Collision warning systemfeatures: brake assist; Forward Sensing System front radar parking distance sensors; Lane departure warning activates steering; Requires: [102A] Equipment Group 102A

Climate Package - $580
Rear seats: Steering wheel; Headlight control; Intermittent rain sensor; Requires: [101A] Equipment Group 101A; Or [102A] Equipment Group 102A

Lincoln MKC Base Sport Utility Options

All Weather Floor Mats - $90
Plastic/rubber floor mats

Engine Block Heater (Fleet) - $35
Block heater

Panoramic Vista Roof w/Power Shades - $1,700
Electric glass sunroof; Glass roof; Requires: [101A] Equipment Group 101A; Or [102A] Equipment Group 102A

Enhanced THX Audio Sound System - $995
Speakers; Requires: [101A] Equipment Group 101A; Or [102A] Equipment Group 102A

Aluminum Trim Package - $0
Alloy trim; Requires: [101A] Equipment Group 101A; Or [102A] Equipment Group 102A

19" Premium Painted 5 Spoke Luster Nickel Wheels - $395
Front and rear alloy wheels: 19"; Front and rear 235/45-19; Requires: [102A] Equipment Group 102A

20" Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels - $395
Front and rear alloy wheels: 20"; Front and rear 255/99-20; Requires: [102A] Equipment Group 102A And [99H] 2.3L Ecoboost Engine

Premium Reversible Cargo Mat - $50
Carpet floor mats

2.3L Ecoboost Engine - $1,140
Engine: 2.3L; Power (SAE): 275 hp and 300 ft lb of torque

Ruby Red Candy Metallic Tinted Paint - $495
Metallic paint

Smoked Quarts Metallic Tinted Paint - $495
Metallic paint

White Platinum Metallic Tri Coat Paint - $695
Multi-coat pearl paint

·
Registered
333 Posts
Its crazy that you can get all these options on your MKC and it is still less than $50,000.

I don't think that I would get all the packages though. I don't think I need the Technology package and I will also skip the tow package.

One thing I am excited about is the panoramic sunroof. I am willing to shell out for that.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Its crazy that you can get all these options on your MKC and it is still less than $50,000.

I don't think that I would get all the packages though. I don't think I need the Technology package and I will also skip the tow package.

One thing I am excited about is the panoramic sunroof. I am willing to shell out for that.
Yeah it's good they're able to keep it affordable and lower priced even with all the options.
Could you see them add anything more in the future?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well some of the packages are inclusive. Take Equipment group 102A, you get 3D nav, Voice activated controls and nav,Hands-Free rear hatch Blind Spot monitoring, Cross-traffic Alert, Front and rear alloy two-tone 18" Polished w/Dark Stainless Pocket wheels, Remote starter, heated and ventilated seats plus all the gear in equipment pack 101A.

Also keep in mind some of the standalone options require packs for eligibility. For example to add the panoramic roof you need to have slected 101A or 102A or else no roof for you ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
even more downsides to it but anyone who really wants it will pay up.
it's probably done to keep costs down and to make it easier on the manufacturing end

·
Registered
190 Posts
well some of the packages are inclusive. Take Equipment group 102A, you get 3D nav, Voice activated controls and nav,Hands-Free rear hatch Blind Spot monitoring, Cross-traffic Alert, Front and rear alloy two-tone 18" Polished w/Dark Stainless Pocket wheels, Remote starter, heated and ventilated seats plus all the gear in equipment pack 101A.

Also keep in mind some of the standalone options require packs for eligibility. For example to add the panoramic roof you need to have slected 101A or 102A or else no roof for you ;)
that is unfortunately standard practice.

they dont let you option it however you like for whatever reasons.

there are actually only a set few types of cars you can buy. they either do this for profit reasons or for ease of manufacturing reasons.

·
Registered
333 Posts
that is unfortunately standard practice.

they dont let you option it however you like for whatever reasons.

there are actually only a set few types of cars you can buy. they either do this for profit reasons or for ease of manufacturing reasons.
Profit reasons and ease of manufacturing are linked. Its not one or the other, its both. I don't think people can have too many complaints given the price overall though. If the price got high quickly with the packages there would be more to complain about, but since Lincoln has kept the MKC relatively normal priced even with all options, I think people will be willing to pay up.

Can you still add Lincoln Black Label on top of all these packages?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Profit reasons and ease of manufacturing are linked. Its not one or the other, its both. I don't think people can have too many complaints given the price overall though. If the price got high quickly with the packages there would be more to complain about, but since Lincoln has kept the MKC relatively normal priced even with all options, I think people will be willing to pay up.

Can you still add Lincoln Black Label on top of all these packages?
there is no official black label info yet. Yes i know they show you whats possible but there are no guidelines available yet. At least thats what the local Ford store said when i called over the weekend...

BTW porsche manufactures by individual options and Porsche has the highest profit margin per vehicle in the industry. Its not about manufacturing or profits its about the customer. Most are completely happy to pick from a predetermined set of three, than comb through every available bit and piece and weigh the benefits.

·
Registered
524 Posts
combing through every available bit can discourage people from buying it.
IMO the best way to please everyone on the most appropriate vehicles is to have packs of configurations people can pick from based on what they're looking for in a car. And then let the real enthusiast pick every little thing they want

·
Registered
25 Posts
Exactly what packages did I get??

New used 2015 MKC owner. Looking at the first post and trying to see the exact package I bought. Think I have it figured out now:

2015 Package 101A
Select Plus Package
Climate Package

The first salesman said there were only 3 levels of packages. Base and mid range and then Black Label. The MKC i Purchased was fully loaded but had a nice mix of items that I was really wanting.

I am adding the towing package to it when the parts arrive for some light duty towing. I just have a small 1500 lbs GW utility trailer.

Now to wade through all the mytouch settings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
More items added

New used 2015 MKC owner. Looking at the first post and trying to see the exact package I bought. Think I have it figured out now:

2015 Package 101A
Select Plus Package
Climate Package

The first salesman said there were only 3 levels of packages. Base and mid range and then Black Label. The MKC i Purchased was fully loaded but had a nice mix of items that I was really wanting.

I am adding the towing package to it when the parts arrive for some light duty towing. I just have a small 1500 lbs GW utility trailer.

Now to wade through all the mytouch settings.
Plus Remote Engine Start, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, hands free liftgate, and heated front seats

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Plus Remote Engine Start, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, hands free liftgate, and heated front seats
Try going here.. You may be able to find the original window sticker for your car. I just tried it again for my 2015 MKC and it worked. Just plug in your vin and hit enter, then when the next screen pops up scroll down and click on Window Stickers, then on the next screen select Lincoln Factory Window Sticker and it should pop up. There is other info on these pages you may find useful also.

https://beaverdamautos.com/windowsticker.php

·
Registered
99 Posts
Try going here.. You may be able to find the original window sticker for your car. I just tried it again for my 2015 MKC and it worked. Just plug in your vin and hit enter, then when the next screen pops up scroll down and click on Window Stickers, then on the next screen select Lincoln Factory Window Sticker and it should pop up. There is other info on these pages you may find useful also.

https://beaverdamautos.com/windowsticker.php
This site works too, I just checked mine:

Use your VIN number to get Lincoln Window Sticker

Also someplace on the car should be a sticker from the factory with all the codes listing everything in it. Usually its in the glovebox but I just checked and did not see it and and did not feel like looking for it. I will later.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the reference for the Sticker

The first site had it. The 2nd one did not. I was afraid to look up what it would have stickered out at, so I was kinda glad the actual sticker price wasn't on it!

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
The first site had it. The 2nd one did not. I was afraid to look up what it would have stickered out at, so I was kinda glad the actual sticker price wasn't on it!
I live in NH and you pay a yearly vehicle tax based upon the MSRP which I did not know when I first moved here and when I went to register my car, that I paid $20k for used, had a tax MSRP of $38,500, needless to say I was mighty pissed off when I found that out and got slapped with the bill that I had to pay to get plates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your window sticker

I found a dealership that has the exact model with the sticker price- With destination and delivery- $44,290.t

·
Registered
2 Posts
See my post- I found a dealership selling the exact model and options- $43, 395 and then $895 for destination and delivery.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts