Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help
My navigation keeps saying faulty. My heat stop working. Buttons wouldn’t work either. My windows wouldn’t work or mirrors as well. This happen out of no where. My dash is saying collision is not working and Blind control is not working either. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I need help
My navigation keeps saying faulty. My heat stop working. Buttons wouldn’t work either. My windows wouldn’t work or mirrors as well. This happen out of no where. My dash is saying collision is not working and Blind control is not working either. Any help would be appreciated.
Do a Master reset to see if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Master reset is in the settings of your radio. Some of that some does not interact with the radio though... I would assume there would be a fuse that popped but when I look at the fuse box location all of the responsible modules are on different fuses... this would lead me to a gateway module error but I have never heard one of those failing.. This will be nearly impossible to diag over the internet without codes (if you have anyway to access dtc's there should be some U**** codes that would help).

If you don't have access to codes best bet is to inspect fuses and perform master reset (may fix the nav unit) BTW is this 2015 or 2016+

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Master reset is in the settings of your radio. Some of that some does not interact with the radio though... I would assume there would be a fuse that popped but when I look at the fuse box location all of the responsible modules are on different fuses... this would lead me to a gateway module error but I have never heard one of those failing.. This will be nearly impossible to diag over the internet without codes (if you have anyway to access dtc's there should be some U**** codes that would help).

If you don't have access to codes best bet is to inspect fuses and perform master reset (may fix the nav unit) BTW is this 2015 or 2016+
This is a mk c 2015 2.0 no codes on the dash except the blind spot and cross traffic alert.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a mk c 2015 2.0 no codes on the dash except the blind spot and cross traffic alert.
Btw I did do the master reset from the radio it did not do anything. So my air turns on for a second when I first start the car then shuts off and I can’t access heater functions at all.
One strange thing is that the air does come on when I remote start but as soon as I push the start button then it shuts off.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Okay that puts more validity to it being a gateway module. You will need a scan tool to access the U codes. You will need a good quality scan tool to access this. I would inspect gateway module fuses first

In 2015 GPS is derived from a GPSM in 2016+ it is just an antennae

BTW U codes are for issues with communication between modules. That is what it sounds like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the only thing I did different then any other day was wash my car so I’m thinking there’s a short or water got on some where it shouldn’t have

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Btw the radio works fine. The phone works fine the v
Navigation goes and comes and the climate controls pop up but I can’t push any buttons.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Were you able to check fuses, gateway module is the "operator" of the communication system and with multiple module failures it appears to be communication. Could be wrong but you will need diag equipment to get beyond this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Were you able to check fuses, gateway module is the "operator" of the communication system and with multiple module failures it appears to be communication. Could be wrong but you will need diag equipment to get beyond this.
I checked most fuses all were good. I’ll need to buy this diag equipment. I had to stop BC it was 28 degrees and I have no garage to work on my car

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Your best bet is forscan, it is free but you will need to buy the dongle. Cheap Chinese dongles are less than 30 use and good quality dongles are around 50 bucks.

You will need access to the u codes and manufacturer specific codes, so don't buy a generic code reader.

If you need any help with what to buy let me know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe the best one to buy right now is the OBDLink EX and they are on sale now. Work great with Forscan and you can reflash them to the latest firmware in their site. My OBDLink MX BT worked great, but the EX is much faster and more reliable for programming.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
That is exactly right the obdlink ex is absolutely amazing if you are willing to spend the money, it is worth its weight in gold. The obdlink mx is more expensive and slower but still a great option especially if you are using a smartphone due it is Bluetooth

·
Registered
Lincoln MKC 2.0 2015
1 Posts
I have a similar problem. I can't go to the phone menu, climate, audio and navigation, the same settings are not available (I can't do a general reset). At the same time, switching radio stations, heating the steering wheel, seats works. The "climat" font is superimposed when the ignition is turned on. Firmware via a USB flash drive also does not start. There are no block errors. Was U0198 but after replacing the battery did not appear anymore. The battery turned off, rewind + eject the disc pressed, it does not help. The strangest thing is that this is the third (!!!!) APIM block that the machine spoils. I thought I changed the glitch to another, traveled for a month and again the same symptoms. Experts suggested that it was because of the WiFi connection. Put the third one the same after a couple of weeks. Traced how this breakdown occurs. The connection with the phone is lost, the "phone connection" is spinning for a long time, while sync does not react to anything, then a reboot occurs and that's it, nothing works. Maybe Sync 2 is not compatible with samsung s9? Help with advice, I don't want to buy the fourth APIM, and so I already have three half-workers :-(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a similar problem. I can't go to the phone menu, climate, audio and navigation, the same settings are not available (I can't do a general reset). At the same time, switching radio stations, heating the steering wheel, seats works. The "climat" font is superimposed when the ignition is turned on. Firmware via a USB flash drive also does not start. There are no block errors. Was U0198 but after replacing the battery did not appear anymore. The battery turned off, rewind + eject the disc pressed, it does not help. The strangest thing is that this is the third (!!!!) APIM block that the machine spoils. I thought I changed the glitch to another, traveled for a month and again the same symptoms. Experts suggested that it was because of the WiFi connection. Put the third one the same after a couple of weeks. Traced how this breakdown occurs. The connection with the phone is lost, the "phone connection" is spinning for a long time, while sync does not react to anything, then a reboot occurs and that's it, nothing works. Maybe Sync 2 is not compatible with samsung s9? Help with advice, I don't want to buy the fourth APIM, and so I already have three half-workers :-(
Mine came back by itself. Maybe you need to replace the whole unit. I’m looking for tips of how to remove the radio if anyone has any.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts