Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 15 mkc since new... it has about 65k on it …. when I woulds
be parked at the airport waiting for a customer for lyft after a few weeks the truck would start engine shaking really rough and then die .. I would get it started eventually but from then on whenever I am parked idling the motor ends up dying … now it will do it while driving! had truck at dealer they couldn't figure it out .. guess it didn't die for them while there.. they wanted to hook up some module so next time it dies it would record the incident and figure out why its dying … so put my life at risk! im not sure if the fuel pump recall has been done but I think it might have I I will check on that … what can be causing this ?????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if my gas tank is more towards full it won’t do this stalling problem but amount of gas shouldn’t matter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just spoke with service rep at a Lincoln Dealer he told me my truck never had a recall for the fuel pump?! said older ford escapes and mariners did but not my model truck …. so now that is out out of the picture what should I do ? he said im covered 5yr or 70k powertrain which might still cover the issue when found .. 175.00 diagnosis fee put towards repair if fixed there ?
am I the only person who has this issue ????????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on another forum a member wrote this what do you guys thin? Hope somebody responds didn't think no one would??

I've been reading a lot about the 2.0 L EcoBoost that's in your car. It's a GDI (gasoline direct injection) engine and, given the mileage you said you've logged (65K), you might be having problems with sludge and coking on the intake valves along with some issues with the intake manifold - not to mention the turbocharger. Higher mileage GDI engines are having these problems - carbon buildup/coking on the intake valves and pistons, sludge, cold start detonation problems, reduced power as time marches on. You should have your mechanic check for these problems - I'll bet that might be what's going on.

I'm looking for a Catch Can unit for my 2.3L Ecoboost which will evacuate the oil and moisture that's created by the "blow by" before it's pumped back into the turbocharger and intake manifold. I'm also going to go back to changing the oil every 3 months/3K and using only a high quality synthetic at each oil change.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't know what to tell you but I don't think it is intake port issues. I have had that issue with the 10 flex eb and it doesn't act like what you describe .

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ford sometimes has fuel pump module failures, but that is a shot in the dark. There would need to be a lot more information needed that can not be diagnosed on the forum and without a scope and scan tool

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have owned my 15 mkc since new... it has about 65k on it …. when I woulds
be parked at the airport waiting for a customer for lyft after a few weeks the truck would start engine shaking really rough and then die .. I would get it started eventually but from then on whenever I am parked idling the motor ends up dying … now it will do it while driving! had truck at dealer they couldn't figure it out .. guess it didn't die for them while there.. they wanted to hook up some module so next time it dies it would record the incident and figure out why its dying … so put my life at risk! im not sure if the fuel pump recall has been done but I think it might have I I will check on that … what can be causing this ?????
[/QUOT
Do you have a check engine light. to me if it's running rough at idle or dies it could be a mass air sensor but that would give you a check engine light you can go to AutoZone/ O'Reilly's and download the codes and see what it says from there that's free and easy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have a check engine light. to me if it's running rough at idle or dies it could be a mass air sensor but that would give you a check engine light you can go to AutoZone/ O'Reilly's and download the codes and see what it says from there that's free and easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts