Lincoln MKC Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
The recall seems to be heat related and is specific to areas of the country:

"Interestingly, this recall will only apply to vehicles located in select areas around the country where ambient air temperatures are, on average, the highest in the country."

"The key factor to this recall is a high ambient temperature, so the vehicles recalled are only those which are or have been registered in select states with hotter climates. Right now, those locations are limited to Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington."

PS: Out Lincoln MKC has been defect free after a year of ownership and we really enjoy it. Also, the dealer (Lincoln only) has been fantastic.
My 2015 MKC is in the appropriate build date range and I am in GA - one of the "hot" states. Funny though, I am not sure that I ever have considered Oregon and Washington as "hot" states. I will wait for the recall notice in the mail and then wait a couple more months until I have it done. We move a bit slower in the south! Or I may push it off until next years regular maintenance trip. It is one of those recalls that doesn't have a high probability of affecting my car and really isn't that big of a deal.

My local Ford/Lincoln Dealer (about 1 mile away) has been excellent also - although I am 100% satisfied, I am not 1000% satisfied with their service work. I like being 1000% satisfied! I just bought a 2017 MKZ (traded in a 2013 MKZ) at a Ford/Lincoln dealer about 15 miles away. That dealer is a Black Label dealer (although I did not buy a black label car), so it will be interesting to see how the service work experience differs. FWIW - I did not exactly mean to buy a new MKZ, I just stopped in to check out the new 3.0 Twin Turbo engine, and three hours later I was driving it home. Glad I had a check tucked into my wallet! I had to bring them my title and extra key fob the next day. My 2013 MKZ/2015 MKC was the first time in my 60+ years I ever had two cars of the same brand. My 2017 MKZ is the first time in my 60+ years that I ever bought a newer version of the same car. My overwhelmingly positive Lincoln experience has pretty much weaned me away from considering anything else.

·
Banned
209 Posts
I'm glad your mkc has been trouble free and you have been able to enjoy it. I can't say how many times I wish that was the case for my wife. I wish she could have had a trouble free car she could enjoy like she intended. It's sad.

I'm not trying to argue with you but it's not just high heat temperature locations. I know that's what they say. Please go to Lincoln motor company Facebook page and read about the lady in NJ whose kids almost fell out of a moving car THREE times. She lives less than 60 minutes from us, same temperature. NJ. And the dealership and Lincoln denied the problem and said it was fixed(just like my wife with the modem until the recall came out). You won't see those posts on Facebook, Lincoln deleted them. She posted screen shots of her conversation with Lincoln. I wish my wife took screenshots of the posts. This is what concerns me.

So we don't really know do we and with Lincolns pattern of hiding things (based on our experience) I doubt it's just a few places affected. We won't know and seeing someone affected so close to us in NJ no way I'm letting my son in the car right now. And I don't think lincoln should be giving owners a "false sense of safety" because they don't live in a state listed. It's documented to have happened elsewhere. They should be revising it and just saying everyone. They are trying to cut costs again by less people bringing it in for the repair. Again this concerns me. This is a pretty serious safety issue to have a possibility of doors opening while in motion -child or adult.

Anyone with knowledge know exactly how high heat would affect a metal latch? Obviously heat can cause metal to change properties but wouldn't they use materials that wouldn't be affected? There seems to be very little details about it so far. Anyone know more?

·
Registered
644 Posts
FYI...I found out about the modem problem through this forum in the fall of 2015 and contacted my local Ford dealer to get it corrected. It was several weeks after that, sometimes in Jan/Feb 2016 that I got the notification about the TSB on my phone app and it was just about 1 month ago (July 2016) that I actually got a notification via mail from Lincoln....even though I had already had the TSB performed and modem replaced in March/2016. Obviously there is a lack of communications between dealers, head office and corresponding computer systems. This is not limited to Lincoln/Ford however. It has been over a year since I traded my Toyota Venza for the MKC. The Venza was leased so Toyota and the dealer were both aware that I got rid of the Venza yet just yesterday I receive a letter from the dealer advising me of great deals on new vehicles and how they would love for me to trade in my Venza!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
FYI...I found out about the modem problem through this forum in the fall of 2015 and contacted my local Ford dealer to get it corrected. It was several weeks after that, sometimes in Jan/Feb 2016 that I got the notification about the TSB on my phone app and it was just about 1 month ago (July 2016) that I actually got a notification via mail from Lincoln....even though I had already had the TSB performed and modem replaced in March/2016. Obviously there is a lack of communications between dealers, head office and corresponding computer systems. This is not limited to Lincoln/Ford however. It has been over a year since I traded my Toyota Venza for the MKC. The Venza was leased so Toyota and the dealer were both aware that I got rid of the Venza yet just yesterday I receive a letter from the dealer advising me of great deals on new vehicles and how they would love for me to trade in my Venza!!!

I would suspect the recall notices are tied to the availability of the replacement part(s) in your area based on what they see in the inventory central DCs that service your area dealers... Like this recall the hot states may get the parts first then roll out to all 50 states.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Having approached my 2 year mark of ownership and 40k miles with nothing other than oil changes, I called the dealer to handle the modem TSB and this door recall.

I was told parts for the door would 'not be available until December'.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just bought a 2017 MKZ (traded in a 2013 MKZ) at a Ford/Lincoln dealer about 15 miles away. ... FWIW - I did not exactly mean to buy a new MKZ, I just stopped in to check out the new 3.0 Twin Turbo engine, and three hours later I was driving it home.
How's the new 3.0 Twin Turbo V6? I've been having the same interest as you in that engine for the last few months about getting one as well.
Then the Mercedes Benc GLC 43 AMG started to pop out and got me interested in its twin turbo V6 as well.

Since the GLC 43 AMG will be available near the 3rd quarter of 2017, I was thinking to wait for 2018 to see what Lincoln will offer in its next generation MKC. Hopefully, Lincoln will get at least the 2.7 twin turbo V6 with the 9 speed ready for the MKC, though the 3.0T in it would be nice too :angel... By then (2018), Mercedes Benz dealers will have more inventories of the GLC 43 model, price will drop on 2nd year production with slight enhancements.

In this realm, people level up (upgrade) like you've done to a 3.0 twin turbo V6. Next gen for me is obviously more power, and I hope Lincoln will deliver this in the next MKC. Even a Ford Fusion now has the 2.7T Ecoboost engine :mad:. Otherwise, the SQ5, X4 M, GLC 43, and Macan all look like the next level up from here:crying. And I'm talking luxury CUV.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
How's the new 3.0 Twin Turbo V6? I've been having the same interest as you in that engine for the last few months about getting one as well.
Then the Mercedes Benc GLC 43 AMG started to pop out and got me interested in its twin turbo V6 as well.

Since the GLC 43 AMG will be available near the 3rd quarter of 2017, I was thinking to wait for 2018 to see what Lincoln will offer in its next generation MKC. Hopefully, Lincoln will get at least the 2.7 twin turbo V6 with the 9 speed ready for the MKC, though the 3.0T in it would be nice too :angel... By then (2018), Mercedes Benz dealers will have more inventories of the GLC 43 model, price will drop on 2nd year production with slight enhancements.

In this realm, people level up (upgrade) like you've done to a 3.0 twin turbo V6. Next gen for me is obviously more power, and I hope Lincoln will deliver this in the next MKC. Even a Ford Fusion now has the 2.7T Ecoboost engine :mad:. Otherwise, the SQ5, X4 M, GLC 43, and Macan all look like the next level up from here:crying. And I'm talking luxury CUV.
My 2013 MKZ had been a Hybrid, so there has been a learning curve in how to drive again. The only thing I have had that was this powerful in recent memory was a 2005 Chrysler 300C 5.7L Hemi V8 with 340 HP - and that was a much larger car.

I think the MKZ commercial uses the phrase effortless power - and that is a perfect way to describe it. The 3.0T is much much quieter than the Hybrid. You sort of get this satisfying background exhaust purr. I did get right at 26 MPG (per the car, not calculated) on a 200 mile trip I did. With mostly city driving, my three tanks of gas with calculated MPG have been 19.44MPG, 19.07MPG and 23.6MPG (had the trip in it).

One of the funny things that I noticed is that when I get home and park the car in the garage - the garage really heats up a lot. Much more so than with the old 2013 MKZ Hybrid or 2015 MKC 2.0L.

This engine in the MKC would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
881 Posts
For the record; apart from a few quirky issues, that were taken care off by my dealer, my MKC experience has been superb....the service I receive is top notch and am quite happy with my MKC!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm taking mine in on Mon. for the satellite radio issue where it cuts in and out. I noticed it doing this in the same spot in the outdoor parking lot at the mall ever since I have owned the car but now it has started doing it in other areas that were never a problem before.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts