Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just picked up my 2015 MKC Reserve with 20" rims and drove it over 1000km home on Saturday, so I learned a lot about it already. It's got just 24000km on it and was just certified by Lincoln. Here are the 6 main things that came up. Any insight would be appreciated:

1) steering seems a bit loose, like I can turn the wheel slightly left and right and the car doesn't move, is this normal for this car? I tried all modes including Sport and it's the same regardless.

2) there is a very annoying rattle in the driver's side door that starts at about 70km/h and goes away above 110km/h and also goes away if I put slight pressure in the area above the power window buttons

3) GPS worked great 90% of the time but for about an hour, it randomly went "off route" 4-5 different times for no reason. Was on a major highway, didn't turn off or anything. It was quite odd

4) driver's side power mirror doesn't always reset to the proper memory position when car is locked then restarted, and often the motor just kept trying to turn it too far up or to the right and it was clicking loudly. Had to manually mess with it using the button to get it to stop.

5) Gas gauge isn't very accurate, especially the first half seems to be used a lot faster than the 2nd. Is this normal?

6) rear hatch seems to be misaligned with larger gap on left side vs right

Thanks in advance for any help or information that can be offered!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've got 52,000 km on my 2015 MKC.

1) Never noticed the issue with the steering that you described.

2) Never had the rattle

3) Never had the issue with the GPS

4) This is a known problem with the mirrors. There is a TSB that is supposed to fix it. I had the TSB performed and although the mirrors self adjusting don't happen as near as often, it still goes bonkers every now and then

5) There is a TSB for the gas gauge problem...fuel sending unit needs to be replaced

6) I haven't had the issue but others have reported problems with the hatch alignment...dealer can fix the issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought I would post a brief update. My MKC is with the dealer now with thisn list of issues. I got a 2017 MKC 2.3 loaner, which was great because it's the same as mine so am able to test some of these things with a newer version that shouldn't have any of these same issues I'm experiencing.

Some interesting finds:
1) The same steering issue exists in the 2017, which means it's not actually an issue, just that the steering wheel has some play unfortunately. I guess I'm just too used to the tight, precise steering of a BMW so am a bit disappointed in the steering of the MKC (handling is very good, I'm referring to being able to move the steering wheel slightly to the left and right and the car doesn't really move from straight)

2) The 2017 seems to also have a larger hatch gap on the left side so I would say this is just a general MKC design flaw and not anything to be fixed (mine doesn't effect it's ability to close or anything, just looks a bit off)

3) heated seats do seem to work a bit better in the 2017 but honestly, still the worst heated seats I've ever experienced, mainly as far as it taking far too long to get to a reasonable temperature

Will see what happens with the other things on the list when I hear back from them!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aaaannnddd another update as the dealer just called me ...

So as suspected, the steering wheel play appears to be normal but they are doing an alignment to fix the steering wheel being cocked to the left

They agreed the hatch is misaligned so will need to go into the body shop to fix. They will also be replacing the antenna to fix the SiriusXM cutting out and it needs to be painted so both will be done at the body shop.

Door mirror and fuel sending unit will also be replaced/fixed at a separate appointment

I'll have to see what they say about the heated seats when I go to pick up the car today. They couldn't diagnose the rattle and I clarified they need to take it to highway speed to hear it (I provided a sound clip but they said the tech needs to diagnose it for warranty to cover it). Also don't think they'll do anything about the NAV issue yet, but will need to clarify when I get there.

Progress anyway!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Final update for now.... Just got home from picking up my MKC and must say, the dealer experience was actually pretty great, well done to Erin and Steele Ford Lincoln today!

They re-did the alignment, fixed the steering wheel angle and dealt with the dealer I purchased it from without hassle, so no cost to me (alignment isn't a warranty issue)

Parts are on order to fix the hatch gap, SiriusXM Antenna, fuel sending unit, side mirror clicking and heated seats, will take at least 2 appointments to sort as hatch and antenna will be done at the body shop.

They forgot to look at the NAV issue that will be addressed next time and the door rattle as well, as they need to get it on the highway to test it at speed and it was too rainy and windy today.

Overall I'm very happy and look forward to getting this stuff fixed up and hopefully experience some worry free time to come!

·
Registered
733 Posts
What part was ordered for the mirror clicking? I've had the issue intermittently for awhile and the dealer has tried to fix it several times.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was applied to my vehicle a year and a half ago and the issue continues.
Hmmm, well that I don't have the answer to. I'd be getting them to do it again, replace the mirror and module itself and ensure it's calibrated with the latest software

·
Registered
65 Posts
I take that you are from Halifax, NS ??

·
Registered
647 Posts
I had the TSB done as well and every now and then the mirrors still go wonky.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the TSB done as well and every now and then the mirrors still go wonky.
That's very unfortunate. Something so basic should absolutely not be an issue in what is meant to be a luxury vehicle. Definitely never had any of these issues with my BMW's.

·
Registered
733 Posts
That was applied to my vehicle a year and a half ago and the issue continues.

Scheduled a service call for this coming Saturday to "fix" the driver side mirror again - I think this is the fifth visit.... very frustrating

·
Registered
76 Posts
Within the last week we're now getting a whistle from the passenger door when doing 75-80 mph.

Sort of comes and goes and isn't constant and my said it sounds like it coming from the top side of the door. Not sure
if it could be the weatherstripping. Strange as when I lower the window a little the whistle goes away.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Within the last week we're now getting a whistle from the passenger door when doing 75-80 mph.

Sort of comes and goes and isn't constant and my said it sounds like it coming from the top side of the door. Not sure
if it could be the weatherstripping. Strange as when I lower the window a little the whistle goes away.

Any ideas?
Definitely sounds like it isn't sealing properly when the window is up all the way as the whistle is a small amount of air pressure coming in

·
Registered
647 Posts
The tank will fill with as much fuel as you put in it.....it is just the gauge that does not display the correct quantity i.e. the tank can be filled to capacity but the gauge will not show as full.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts