Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, folks! My son just purchased a 2015 Lincoln MKC from his maternal uncle. The moonroof/sunroof wouldn't shut so his uncle stated it was because he had left it open when it rained and the electrics were shot as a result. My son ordered the replacement but was trying to hotwire it to close since it was impossible to do it manually. When he crossed wires, he immediately smelt burning and the monitor shut off then the display on dashboard. He reset the fuse box. Then there was a sizzle and smoke coming from the dashboard speaker. Now FOB won't start, doors won't lock, windows won't roll down, radio won't play, monitor won't work. He can start it through the slot in middle console. He noticed fuse 32 was blown for display, radio etc. He replaced it two times and blows each time. He ordered a BCM but the repair manual refers to the BCM as the fuse box, while all the parts suppliers show it as a different component altogether. Does anyone know where the BCM is? Does anyone assess this problem as something different altogether? He is a broke college student.:frown

·
Registered
92 Posts
BCM is the fusebox, also called the smart junction box. It is behind the glove box. I have a used one if interested.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry, but the MKc isn't a car from the 60's/70's when you pop the hood and there's the engine with no computers.

He's better off bringing it into the dealer or a local shop who knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
He's better off bringing it into the dealer or a local shop who knows what they're doing.
Agreed but if he wants to try a BCM, and avoid the dealer, some people have those skills. I would never allow anyone to touch my cars unless I need an alignment (until I can buy an alignment rack) because I have more smarts than the dealership boys... Is that conceited or confident?

·
Registered
92 Posts
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AoAXQrnVrx8luT22Kyr8pDe-iLad?e=gjsfc5

Here is the wiring diagram for F32 for a 2017 (I don't have files for a 2015 but I would assume they are the same). Best way to diagnosis this is check the resistance to ground on F32 module side, unplug all modules and recheck resistance, it should increase. If it does plug in the modules one at a time until the resistance drops.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BCM is the fusebox, also called the smart junction box. It is behind the glove box. I have a used one if interested.
I appreciate that! I'll let you know. We are waiting on the part he ordered which all the parts places are calling the 2015 - 2019 LINCOLN MKC CHASSIS BODY CONTROL MODULE COMPUTER BCM OEM. We may need smart junction box. We took it in for a diagnostic at the dealership. :|

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I appreciate that! I'll let you know. We are waiting on the part he ordered which all the parts places are calling the 2015 - 2019 LINCOLN MKC CHASSIS BODY CONTROL MODULE COMPUTER BCM OEM. We may need smart junction box. We took it in for a diagnostic at the dealership. :|
BCM, Body Junction Block, smart control box, are all the same part. I hope they get you a good diagnosis, a constant problem like that is much easier to find!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts