Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Happily I discovered online today that the 2015 MKC Owner's Manual together with the 2015 MKC Quick Reference Guide are now both available to download as .pdf files from the FORDOWNER website. :)
Here's a link to the FORDOWNER homepage: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/HomePage

Once arriving at the FORDOWNER homepage click on the VEHICLE BASICS tab, and then click on Owner's Manuals from the drop-down list. You'll then be prompted to enter year, make and model. On entering the necessary detail the website should bring you to the Owner's Manual download page for the 2015 MKC.

Going forward.. should anyone experience difficulties in downloading these documents from the FORDOWNER website I have included below my own direct links to both .pdf documents which I have uploaded to my MKC folder on MediaFire.com.
* Link to 2015 MKC Owner's Manual Version 1: 2015-Lincoln-MKC-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_03_2014
* Link to 2015 MKC Quick Reference Guide: 2015-MKC-QRG-Version-1_QG_EN-US_3_2014

Enjoy! :D

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's fantastic rbreeze!
I downloaded them to my iPad library so that it is easier to read and search. I'll probably never even open the paper owner's manual that comes with it...
...er...paper...what's that ;-)

·
Registered
524 Posts
That's fantastic rbreeze!
I downloaded them to my iPad library so that it is easier to read and search. I'll probably never even open the paper owner's manual that comes with it...
...er...paper...what's that ;-)
Better find the APP, if there even is one :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better find the APP, if there even is one :D
I've installed the "MyLincoln Mobile" APP to my smart phone.
All I need to do now is add a certain 2015 Lincoln vehicle (its VIN) to the APP on my phone, and it's good to go. ;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Now I wonder if we can find the answer in the manual for over riding the transmission shift lock with a dead battery ;)
Good question...reading page 175 of the Owner's Manual (excerpt copied and shown below) seems to conflict with itself:

"Note: This feature will only function if your 12-volt battery has power.

Use the brake-shift interlock override to move your transmission from the park position in the event of an electrical malfunction or if your vehicle has a dead battery."

I don't get it...am I missing something here?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Now I wonder if we can find the answer in the manual for over riding the transmission shift lock with a dead battery ;)
I'm sure your local friendly Lincoln dealer/salesman will have the answer:rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
TxTom -- this story may or may not apply. Prior to my current vehicle, I owned a 1995 Mazda Millenia S. On one occasion, my battery died -- the car was completely dead (no headlights, no interior lights, no anything). I called AAA and the tow truck came, and he could not even jump the car and have it keep the charge. So he tried to put it into neutral so as to load it on the flatbed -- no go. Transmission would not shift because the battery was dead. After several minutes of trying, it finally moved to neutral and I recall him saying "guess I found the last bit of juice in the battery to allow it to shift". So my thinking, relative to the contradictory language in the MKC manual, is that the override will work if there is at least a little bit of juice left in the battery (even if not enough to actually start the car). However, if the battery is completely gone, the override process will not work. Just a theory/thought!

Reactions: TxTom

·
Registered
324 Posts
I also wonder if that could be a leftover from the Escape Manual, the two should be very similar. I've always understood the shift over ride to be that little pop off top button for gated shifters... It makes sense when there is a solenoid that controls shift lock, but when the whole setup is simply push button there is no solenoid that can be over ridden...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Good question...reading page 175 of the Owner's Manual (excerpt copied and shown below) seems to conflict with itself:

"Note: This feature will only function if your 12-volt battery has power.

Use the brake-shift interlock override to move your transmission from the park position in the event of an electrical malfunction or if your vehicle has a dead battery."

I don't get it...am I missing something here?
http://www.mkcforum.com/forum/lincoln-mkc-general-discussion/13762-breaking-shift-lock-mkc-dead-battery.html#post21338

I believe I found the answer from MKZ, or at least a similar setup will apply to MKC...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts