Lincoln MKC Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,

I have a 2015 MKC (2.0L) at 50,000 miles that has recently been diagnosed with a transmission problem (possibly need to replace). DTC P0751 - Shift Solenoid A Performance or Stuck Off.
The real kicker here is that my powertrain warranty has expired. Literally 1 month ago.

The dealer told me to call Lincoln and ask if they could throw us a bone and extend the warranty for us (or split the cost - anything to help). This of course was a big 'no' on their end. Lincoln then told me to call the dealer to see if they could throw us a bone. So, neither one of them really seem willing to help.

Is there anything that I can do? I know it's out of warranty - but come on man - 1 month?! There has to be something they can do! $5,500 is too much to pay for a car that's just over 50k miles.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Desperately,
-Marco
2017 MKC, 22,000 miles, dealership overlooked the 6 yr warranty, the five yr was expired by THREE DAYS and was informed I had to pay the entire bill for the transmission repair! They finally accepted the 6 yr warranty, Detroit seems to have no influence, been in shop for 60 days and no sight of completion.They did provide a complimentary rental so that is helpful!

21 - 21 of 21 Posts