NHTSA Campaign Number: 15V006000

Component(s): ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Potential Number of Units Affected: 11,144

All Products Associated with this Recall

Vehicle MakeModelModel Year(s)
LINCOLN MK C2015

Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company

SUMMARY:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015 Lincoln MKC vehicles manufactured August 20, 2013, to September 9, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the Push-to Start/Stop (PTS) button that is located at the bottom of the shift transmission controls may inadvertently be pushed, causing the engine to shut off.

CONSEQUENCE:
If the PTS switch is inadvertently pressed, the vehicle may stop unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash. In the event of a crash with the vehicle turned off, the air bags and seat belt restaints may not function as intended, increasing the risk of injury.
REMEDY:

Ford will notify owners, and dealers will relocate the PTS switch and reprogram the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 23, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14S29.

NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

Recall Acknowledgement
RCAK-15V006-9905.pdf

Defect Notice 573 Report
RCLRPT-15V006-1885.PDF

Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
RCMN-15V006-0622.pdf

Miscellaneous Document
RMISC-15V006-7633.pdf

·
Registered
214 Posts
What did they do? Replace the button array or what?
Yes, the engine start button is relocated to the top instead of the bottom:

Engine Start
P
R
N
D
S

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just had my MKc in for it's first service and told the dealer under NO circumstances do I want the start/stop button position changed and they didn't....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Goepfrich
Just curious, how many miles on your MKC when you took it in for service? Also, other than an oil change did u have anything else done, ie tire rotation, etc. I have 7200 miles and my computer says I still have 31% oil life! I am of old school of an oil change at 6,000 miles.

·
Registered
101 Posts
trainman,
I only had 4,100 miles on it, but the dealer kept sending me e-mails to bring it in for the 7,500 mile service. I picked the car up on Aug.12th. Yes they rotated the tires and did a multi point inspection.
I got no argument from them on NOT doing the s/s button change.
2.3L AWD Reserve w/THX

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had service done today and they did the recall.

I'm curious why wouldn't anyone want to have this done and the start button relocated?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does the start/stop engine button still pulsate in the new position?

I just bought a new MKC so it has already been relocated but I noticed in older review video the button pulsated in the old position.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just try to take it in at a time when you won't need your vehicle for a few days. How long did it take them to fix it when you guys brought it in? Doesn't seem like it should take too long. Move a button and switch around some wiring.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you for confirming!! Looks like I'll be getting my first service already with less than a week owning to get that fixed then. Not a major issue but I like those small things that make a vehicle feel special....i think it neat when it pulsates.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well I finally saw the pulsating on the engine start/stop button for the first time today but it was at night. Does this only come on at night or does not matter the time/light of day?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just try to take it in at a time when you won't need your vehicle for a few days. How long did it take them to fix it when you guys brought it in? Doesn't seem like it should take too long. Move a button and switch around some wiring.
Even if one has an appointment to bring their vehicle in, that does not mean they are going to work on your vehicle right away. That's is why it is nice to have a loaner scheduled to use. It just a way to try and not over book the days work.

It is a totally new plug in stack.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't think time of day matters. I believe the pulse in the on/off button is tied to the Welcome Lighting feature, which happens all the time; not just after dark.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts