Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I’m trying to locate the factory door pad code, I got the car used and it wasn’t provided. I was told the five digit code was printed on a sticker behind the dash but can only find a sticker with two long codes.

I only have one key so can’t go through the recovery procedure.

Any help appreciated before I pay the dealer to recover it.

·
Super Moderator
339 Posts
I don't believe they do the bcm sticker code anymore, I had to look mine up with diagnostics software

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here’s a video for locating the code on a Ford Escape. Probably the same procedure will work on the MKC.

If you go this route, it’s a good opportunity to change the cabin air filter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The 2016 came with a white card with the code number on it, you only got one. I keep it in my safe. If you don't have access to diagnostic SW, suck it up and go to the dealer save yourself the aggravation.

·
Super Moderator
339 Posts
The 2016 came with a white card with the code number on it, you only got one. I keep it in my safe. If you don't have access to diagnostic SW, suck it up and go to the dealer save yourself the aggravation.
Or buy a OBDlink MX and download Forscan and pull it out yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m trying to locate the factory door pad code, I got the car used and it wasn’t provided. I was told the five digit code was printed on a sticker behind the dash but can only find a sticker with two long codes.

I only have one key so can’t go through the recovery procedure.

Any help appreciated before I pay the dealer to recover it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The number for the door code is located on the opposite side of the fuse box. You have to remove the trim piece on the bottom and then the glove box. You will then find the fuse box being held by a 10mm nut which you remove to gain access to the back of the fuse box and along with all the numbers one will say door key code or something like that which is the code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts