Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I just purchased a used 2016 Lincoln MKC Select. I resolved some issues with Sync by downgrading to 2.2 and then re-installing Sync 3.0. Currently, voice navigation is working perfectly and all of the apps are functioning like they should.

My stupid question is simple...can I get CarPlay to work or not? The Lincoln website seems to suggest that it should, but the vehicle never shows up when I go to Settings -> General -> CarPlay on my iPhone XR.

If it doesn't work, that's fine, but damn it would be nice to know one way or the other.

·
Registered
89 Posts
what he said about the new enhanced USB hub. I needed to do the same to get my android auto working. I use it ALL the time.

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts
Ha ha yes. In my opinion it is totally worth it. I bit the bullet and did it on my Ford flex. Your best bet is to scavenge salvage yards, sometimes you'll find a salvage yard that doesn't know what they've got. But what you will need is a new screen and computer that bolts to the back of the screen, a new USB hub, they make one that is Apple carplay compatible and one that is not, an adapter to connect the old hub to the new hub, and a new GPS antenna. Then if you are computer savvy you can reprogram the computer for your car, and everything should work.

·
Registered
2015 lincon mkc
5 Posts
Ha ha yes. In my opinion it is totally worth it. I bit the bullet and did it on my Ford flex. Your best bet is to scavenge salvage yards, sometimes you'll find a salvage yard that doesn't know what they've got. But what you will need is a new screen and computer that bolts to the back of the screen, a new USB hub, they make one that is Apple carplay compatible and one that is not, an adapter to connect the old hub to the new hub, and a new GPS antenna. Then if you are computer savvy you can reprogram the computer for your car, and everything should work.
It does look like it worth it. I send u a pm with some more questions. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts
You need to pull the screen with the computer, the computer is bolted to the back of the screen, you need to pull the USB hub, but I believe a 2016 USB hub will not support apple carplay only Android auto, I believe you have to have 2017 and newer four Apple carplay supported hubs but I'm not 100% on that. The remaining parts have to be bought aftermarket

·
Registered
2015 lincon mkc
5 Posts
Ok thanks very much I going this week and going to see what they will let me take. Lucky I'm a android user lol. I will let you know how I make out and what works or doesn't. Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts