Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Does anyone have any info regarding this issue?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week (07/07/2022) my MKC caught fire, in the middle of the night, while parked in the garage. I haven't had any recent work done and it has been running just fine prior. Out of the blue, at 3am in the morning, a fire started under the hood of the vehicle. Luckily, our fire alarm at home woke everyone up and the sprinkler system was able to contain the fire under the hood until the fire department arrived. I've found a recall for this year, make, and model stating that engine block design makes the vehicles susceptible to overheating when parked increasing the risk of an under-hood fire. However, Ford has said that the VIN for my vehicle was not included in that recall. I have since found at least 3 other cases where a 2016 MKC caught fire while parked. Yet, Ford refuses to take responsibility and has no interest in investigating the cause of the fire.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does yours have an engine block heater and if so was it being used? My '18 F-150 has a factory-equipped block heater and there's a recall for it catching fire.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry to hear about your MKC fire that sounds like a nightmare. Great tohear no one was injured. Thanks for posting the info as i will ask around to see if any more about this type of problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts