Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchases a 2016 MKC Black Label. Issue is headlights/all lights stay on all the time when set in automatic position. Is this a known issue or some setting that I dont see anywhere. its not Daytime running lights as the taillights and whatnot are on as well. This happens in the middle of the day in bright sunshine. please advise

Super Moderator
I have not heard of that, do you have anything blocking the ambient light sensor, on the top of the dash

Super Moderator
Is it the actual headlights or the led running lights? Where did you buy the car (country) because the bcm has programming to burn headlights all the time for countries that require it? Besides that I am out of ideas. The only reason your healights should turn on is if the ipma senses rain or the light sensor senses darkness I believe. If I am wrong I will post a retraction after I read the service manual this afternoon.

Super Moderator
Well it does not include the IPMA in the list of components for autolamps, if it is not the DRL lamps that are burning, I don't know what to tell you. Here is the overview off how it works.

Attachments

Registered
Recently purchases a 2016 MKC Black Label. Issue is headlights/all lights stay on all the time when set in automatic position. Is this a known issue or some setting that I dont see anywhere. its not Daytime running lights as the taillights and whatnot are on as well. This happens in the middle of the day in bright sunshine. please advise
Does anyone know where the fuse is located and the exact fuse that is used for the daytime running lamps ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts