Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post. We have had this MKC for 1 year with 33,000 miles. Great ride and nice looks. With the Corvid-19 shutdown I took the car to a Lincoln dealer for harsh shifting and delay in P-D-R-N shifting. I was informed the the fluid was burnt and upon trans teardown the gears 3-4 and 4-5 clutches and valvebody/solenoids where worn/burnt and with metal shavings in the Trans pan. All was replaced under warranty with a loaner car. Great job.
Today 4/22- I just dropped off the car for slipping as transmission shifts from 4-5.
Any input would be helpful.Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Stay on the dealer's back to get the transmission in perfect working order since it's under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got our MKC back today February 12th for its second transmission rebuild with 56,000 miles on it. First rebuild was 34,000 miles. All done with factory warranty and with a free Rent-A-Car.
First time all the clutches the bands and the valve body were all replaced. The second time I was informed that the first valve body from the factory was scored/burned and had sticking solenoid. The 2nd 3rd 4th gears were slipping and it had metal shavings in Transmission. Factory defect from the (1st) new valve body. The torque converter solenoid was replaced also and the PCM Trans. software updated and all new transmission fluid, so we shall see.I'll keep you all updated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts