Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got our MKC back today February 12th for its second transmission rebuild with 56,000 miles on it. First rebuild was 34,000 miles. All done with factory warranty and with a free Rent-A-Car.
First time all the clutches the bands and the valve body were all replaced. The second time I was informed that the first valve body from the factory was scored/burned and had sticking solenoid. The 2nd 3rd 4th gears were slipping and it had metal shavings in Transmission. Factory defect from the (1st) new valve body. The torque converter solenoid was replaced also and the PCM Trans. software updated and all new transmission fluid, so we shall see.I'll keep you all updated.

Super Moderator
Wow, please keep us updated.. do you have the 2.0 or 2.3 liter?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Got our MKC back today February 12th for its second transmission rebuild with 56,000 miles on it. First rebuild was 34,000 miles. All done with factory warranty and with a free Rent-A-Car.
First time all the clutches the bands and the valve body were all replaced. The second time I was informed that the first valve body from the factory was scored/burned and had sticking solenoid. The 2nd 3rd 4th gears were slipping and it had metal shavings in Transmission. Factory defect from the (1st) new valve body. The torque converter solenoid was replaced also and the PCM Trans. software updated and all new transmission fluid, so we shall see.I'll keep you all updated

Registered
First time all the clutches the bands and the valve body were all replaced. The second time I was informed that the first valve body from the factory was scored/burned and had sticking solenoid. The 2nd 3rd 4th gears were slipping and it had metal shavings in Transmission. Factory defect from the (1st) new valve body. The torque converter solenoid was replaced also and the PCM Trans. software updated and all new transmission fluid, so we shall see.I'll keep you all updated.

Registered
I have a 2017 MKC with tranny issues. It was hestitating and seemed to be searching for the right gears at low speeds or when going around a corner and letting off the gas and touching it to speed up. Also had a whining sound between 30 and 45 mph. Took it in and they said there was metal shavings in the fluid and that it had to be rebuilt. I wanted a new transmission but they siad that was not covered by the CPO. Waited about 5 days and got it back and it seemed okay...for about 4 months...now it's doing the same damn thing. It has only 45,600 miles on it right now. Taking it back in this week. Seems like a lemon to me.

Registered
... got it back and it seemed okay...for about 4 months...now it's doing the same damn thing. It has only 45,600 miles on it right now...
rambling thoughts:
When did you buy it? Seems like it should be under bumper-to-bumper warranty. Does that mean a new replacement vs rebuild?
LIncoln extended warranty for the ones with 2.3L engine? should get money back if you paid $100.
does your paperwork mention a warranty on the repair? I would cold call the dealership and ask them what kind of warranty do they have if you have them rebuild your transmission. I hope you get an answer of something like 1 yr/12k miles. (make an audio recording if you can) then when you go in you should prevent the "it's not covered, pay us another $100".
Other thought, call up sales department and ask about a CPO car they have for sale and ask a what-if question: if the tranny goes bad ... do they rebuild or replace with new? (again record conversation) hope for a replace with new.

Registered
rambling thoughts:
When did you buy it? Seems like it should be under bumper-to-bumper warranty. Does that mean a new replacement vs rebuild?
LIncoln extended warranty for the ones with 2.3L engine? should get money back if you paid $100.
does your paperwork mention a warranty on the repair? I would cold call the dealership and ask them what kind of warranty do they have if you have them rebuild your transmission. I hope you get an answer of something like 1 yr/12k miles. (make an audio recording if you can) then when you go in you should prevent the "it's not covered, pay us another $100".
Other thought, call up sales department and ask about a CPO car they have for sale and ask a what-if question: if the tranny goes bad ... do they rebuild or replace with new? (again record conversation) hope for a replace with new.
Bought it last Jan. 43K on it. Has just under 46K now. It is a CPO car so I do have the b-to-b warranty. They actually have treated me fine. Even replaced the battery and I doubt that is covered.
As I said I did request a new tranny and they said they would do it but I would have to pay for it since the factory will only reimburse them for a rebuild. Of course I declined.
Taking it back in soon. Stay tuned.

Registered
I'm on my 3rd battery. A couple weeks back I took it in for the reprogramming of tranny recall. My service guy said I had a slow crank so they tested the battery and found it to be 'bad' so they replaced it. I am not sure but I suspect there was a secret TSB on their batteries that have some defect in it.

Registered
[/

Registered
Good to see you have your vehicle back with everything covered. The 2016 we have has just over 33k and once in a while while driving at very slow speeds the tranny gives a feeling like someone tapped your bumper. The warranty has about one more year to go so the Lincoln will be gone. In my 50+ years of driving Ford Motor Co. is the only one i have ever had tranny trouble. The last was the Windstar.

Registered
I'm on my 3rd battery. A couple weeks back I took it in for the reprogramming of tranny recall. My service guy said I had a slow crank so they tested the battery and found it to be 'bad' so they replaced it. I am not sure but I suspect there was a secret TSB on their batteries that have some defect in it.
My 2017 MKC 2.0 also had a battery issue and they replaced it at no charge. That is not normal. I agree with your TSB comment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts