Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thirty thousand miles the transmission started slipping and slow to shift between 3rd and 4th gear. Took it to the Lincoln dealer they replaced all the clutches the valve body basically a overhaul of the transmission at only 30k miles. Now it's 50,000 miles it feels like it's acting up again slipping between third and fourth occasionally.
Supposedly there is a recall on a torque converter software change.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A thirty thousand miles the transmission started slipping and slow to shift between 3rd and 4th gear. Took it to the Lincoln dealer they replaced all the clutches the valve body basically a overhaul of the transmission at only 30k miles. Now it's 50,000 miles it feels like it's acting up again slipping between third and fourth occasionally.
Supposedly there is a recall on a torque converter software change.
I had this happen to me! Fresh off the lot as a CPO. I brought it in and the guy was very rude telling me I had no idea what I was talking about (first time car buyer at 20) and I insisted to get it checked by the pro transmission person. They did an overhaul of mine. I’m scared it will happen again like yours....

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
I had this happen to me! Fresh off the lot as a CPO. I brought it in and the guy was very rude telling me I had no idea what I was talking about (first time car buyer at 20) and I insisted to get it checked by the pro transmission person. They did an overhaul of mine. I’m scared it will happen again like yours....
At least yours is a cpo, you should have a good warranty... Right? This is looking like a major problem but I hope the reflash fixes it. I have kept my 2.0 transmission and I will revert mine back to a 2.0 if my tranny gives me problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts