Lincoln MKC Forum banner

2016 MKC - Water Leak Rear Upper Right Cargo Area

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Chiefshoe45 
#1 ·
It seems everyone is having leak problems. Mine is leaking from the top somewhere down. It just started happening. Are there any known issues up there that just fail and leak or a drain clog and leak, something? Thanks so much. The tsb for spare tire does not apply and google only produced one person with the same type of leak that didn't post the fix.

#2 ·
New to the forums but this has happened to me as well. I have water in the cargo/spare tire area of my 2017 MKC. Has anyone figured out where this might be coming from? The rear passenger floorboard is also wet. I have read all the discussions including the post from Mayday. I don’t know where to start. The front seat heaters stopped working and I think it’s related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
My first go to with a new water leak is the sunroof vent tubes. They can become clogged and pour the water over the tray. A blow gun down the vent tubes usually frees the clog.

second I have heard that some MKCs have a failure in the rear cargo vents but I think this was fixed by 2017 model

#5 ·
I wanted to update this for now. I did find the 4 drains (1 in each corner of the sunroof). One of them appeared to be clogged. Unclogged with a weed eater string and the water now shows coming out underneath the car. Hopefully this fixes the issue and helps someone else who has the same problem. I will update this after a few weeks to confirm.

#8 ·
I wanted to update this for now. I did find the 4 drains (1 in each corner of the sunroof). One of them appeared to be clogged. Unclogged with a weed eater string and the water now shows coming out underneath the car. Hopefully this fixes the issue and helps someone else who has the same problem. I will update this after a few weeks to confirm.

I have 2015 and have a massive water issue from the drains being clogged. where did you snake the weed whacker line if in from the rear exit hole? I cant seem to find the hole after opening sun roof in full position.
Any intel will be much appreciated. the dealer wanted $750 to unclog....really!!!!

#6 ·
So sorry I didn’t get you a response, I like the idea of the string trimmer though nice thought. I did look and see where it was but I never took time to take a picture with some family issues that came up and got me in a funk. so glad you got it fixed though

#9 ·
I have 2015 MKC and have a massive water issue from the drains being clogged in sunroof. where did you snake the weed whacker line if in from the rear exit holes, my fronts are clear and very easy to access? I cant seem to find the hole after opening sun roof in full position.
Any intel will be much appreciated. the dealer wanted $750 to unclog....really!!!!