Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. First time poster.

I just bought a 2017 MKC on Saturday and I love it. It's got about 30,000 miles and still has about 2 years/19K miles left on the warranty.

Everything has been great, but today when I left home to come to work, the backup camera was just a black screen when I pulled out of my garage. The cross-motion sensor still beeped when cars went by, but no picture whatsoever.

Does anyone have experiences with this and is there a fix?

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I find my back up screen pic isn't very clear.

·
Registered
192 Posts
yeah my picture is pretty blurry
I clean the lens but still no good I wonder if it is under the glass thing and I need to bring it in.

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Did it post any messages on the screen? When I unhooked my camera the screen was blue and said camera unavailable.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a random-acting BUC myself. 75%ok, 20% blinking on and off, 5% blacked out.
Of course when you take this to the dealer, it works fine.
There is no pattern of failure like, 'when raining", 'after car wash", "just bounced down a dirt road", "opened hatch X times".

Usually it blanks when I really want it like backing an unfamiliar driveway at night.............

Find myself wishing it would fail completely so we can find the crummy connection..........

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you have an issue try to capture it with video or a picture..that should help convince the dealer you're not crazy. It's helped me a few times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
just happen to me. With mine I got the take to dealer message. I was under warranty but you may be able to do yourself....It needed a Sync update to fix and since then it has been fine. Also when they did it reverted to showing for about 20 sec when under 10 miles per hour right when you go to Drive...which was annoying to see behind by car while driving forward. I had them revert to instantly leave the camera when in Drive

·
Registered
647 Posts
Leaving the camera view as soon as you shift out of reverse is controlled by a setting using the left controls on the steering wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts