Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are less than a year away from the 2017 MKC. What has anyone heard on changes for 2017?

The only change for 2016, other than colors, was the upgrade to Sync 3. Some of the other things I have been hearing about in the future are the 9 speed transmission, and maybe the new 2.0 liter engine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
2017 Lincoln MKC price, release date, specs, changes

According to Cae News, they are thinking the new 9 speed transmission will be added to the 2017 model. It sure seems like it is taking Ford and GM a long time to get these these new transmissions into production.
They want to avoid all the problems Chrysler had with their 9 speed. Regardless I would give it a year to work the bugs out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New twin screw 2.0 liter engine?

Ford announced that the new 2017 Escape will have a twin-scroll turbocharged 2.0-liter EcoBoost delivers 245 horsepower and 275 lb.-ft. of torque, along with greater efficiency and improved noise, vibration and harshness performance.

New pistons provide a higher, more efficient compression ratio, and a newly designed, integrated exhaust manifold is optimized for the twin-scroll turbo system.

Think it will make it into the 2017 MKC?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ford announced that the new 2017 Escape will have a twin-scroll turbocharged 2.0-liter EcoBoost delivers 245 horsepower and 275 lb.-ft. of torque, along with greater efficiency and improved noise, vibration and harshness performance.

New pistons provide a higher, more efficient compression ratio, and a newly designed, integrated exhaust manifold is optimized for the twin-scroll turbo system.

Think it will make it into the 2017 MKC?
Interesting that the 9-speed transmission is not offered on the 17 Escape. I suspect the article mentioned above on the 2017 MKC is very speculative since it says Sync 3 will be available for 2017. Some improvements in the '17 Escape will probably make it into the MKC since they are built in the same plant. Sometimes Ford will schedule a "job 2" in the middle of the model year to implement some changes. My 2011 Edge was a "Job 2" vehicle Built in February 2011 that had different sideview mirrors and a strengthened roof for a 5 star crash ratings when compared to earlier 2011 models. I could see Ford rolling out the 9 speed transmission on a couple of lower models before Lincoln models to avoid damaging Lincoln's fragile reputation. Note the 2017 Escape now shares the Lincoln MKC windshield wiper defroster, and technology features.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...7-escape-with-2-new-engines-stop-start-safety

·
Registered
733 Posts
The article below is indicating that MKC production may be moved to another plant to allow for more Escapes to be built:

"The Escape is the more popular of the two, with U.S. sales of 257,731 this year through October, compared with 105,720 for the Edge. Ford says it would sell even more Escapes if not for capacity constraints caused by last year’s introduction of the Lincoln MKC, which is built alongside the Escape at the Louisville Assembly Plant. Escape sales are up 1 percent this year, vs. a 12 percent gain for compact crossovers overall, according to the Automotive News Data Center.
Ford is addressing that problem soon, according to its tentative agreement with the UAW, which workers are voting on this week. Highlights of the deal distributed to workers show that production of the MKC will move elsewhere to increase Escape output, though it’s unclear which plant will add the MKC or when the shift will take place.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
The assumption is the entry is correct and not a copy of the Escape schedule. If there were any moderate visiual changes to the MKC they (Lincoln) would have pre-viewed them already. I suspect the only change may be focused on the 2.0 and maybe some colors
What do you mean by the 2.0 engine improvement..what will be improved? I buy 2.3 but curious.
When will the colors be out?

·
Registered
733 Posts
What do you mean by the 2.0 engine improvement..what will be improved? I buy 2.3 but curious.
When will the colors be out?
The 2.0 goes to a twin-scroll turbo which is similar to the 2.3. There are some other improvements like new pistons etc plus start-stop.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The 2.0 goes to a twin-scroll turbo which is similar to the 2.3. There are some other improvements like new pistons etc plus start-stop.
I'm a little afraid of that eco start stop thing..I've been reading up more on it and it seems that if it isn't implemented perfectly then it's just terrible. And I'm sorry but at this point my confidence Lincoln will get it right the first time is not high too high :grin

So for the 2.0 upgrades, are there any specs(HP, gas mileage, etc) changes and how would it compare to the 2.3? Would there be reason to upgrade? Any planned upgrades on the 2.3? Heard maybe on the mkx going to a 3.0 eco boost? What do you know about any of that? Any new black label themes coming out for 2017?

Sorry for all the questions, you seem to be in the know :smile
Thanks in advance for any info you have to share.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Revel Audio in 2017?

I wonder if they are going to add the Revel Audio option in the 2017 MKC? It is currently a option in the MKX and is going to be a option in the 2017 MKZ. I would also assume it will be in the Contential.

Looks like it will be available in all Lincoln's

·
Registered
795 Posts
I wonder if they are going to add the Revel Audio option in the 2017 MKC? It is currently a option in the MKX and is going to be a option in the 2017 MKZ. I would also assume it will be in the Contential.

Looks like it will be available in all Lincoln's
THX is just OK... need better. Usually a company picks one "branded" system so I would guess too that all the cars would get some type of revel system option. But then again with the MKC and mkx being so similar they may keep some of the options exclusive to the models to separate and attract different buyers.

Anyone directly compare revel to the others i.e. Bose, B&O, Harman Kardon, levinson, burmester?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
According to All About Fords the 2017 MKC will have the new 9 speed transmission:

"However, both units are mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission, which replaces old 6-speed box. With smoother shifting, new MKC is going to have around 23 mpg estimated mileage."

2017 Lincoln MKC - release date, price, redesign, specs

That is great news. Will make it competitive will many of the 7 and 8 speeds out there

·
Registered
733 Posts
This is the list of changes for the 2017 MKC that I found per the order guide

XTERIOR
● New/Changed:
— 19”PremiumPaintedAluminumWheel(646)–Nolonger
optional on Reserve
AWD
(300A)
— 19”PremiumPainted5-SpokeAluminumWheel(647)–
Now optional on Reserve AWD (300A)
— 20”PolishedAluminumWheelswithEbonyPainted
Pockets – New Description
— 18”PolishedAluminumWheelonReserve(300A)
changed to Bright Machined – New Description
Power
liftgate standard on Premiere (100A)
● NewExteriorColors:
— Magnetic(J7)
— PalladiumGold(GN)
— DiamondBlack(W9)–AvailableonReserveonly(300A)
● DeletedColors: — N/A
INTERIOR/COMFORT
● New/Changed:
— CHANGED–Select(200A)–Cappuccino/Espresso
cabin
environment
– Santos Rosewood replaces
Espresso Ash Swirl appliques
— CHANGED–Select(200A)–Cappuccinocabin
environment – Santos Rosewood replaces Espresso Ash Swirl appliques

1 - 20 of 23 Posts