Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share some updates. I have extended warranty on my MKC that expired in July. My oil change was due then so I figured I do that as well as mention my jerky/hestiation in shifting in my car at lower speed (30-40MPH). After a week of diagnostic, they found that the torque convertor was failing and as a result, was leaking fluid into the transmission. Parts have been ordered and I assume some sort of rebuild needs to happen -- Thankfully all covered under warranty (since I got it in before it expired). Should have the car back by Monday. Meanwhile I have been driving this '22 Continental. Like the features like weren't found on my MKC (HUD, Soft Close), but miss my car!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should note that the SM insisted that this has nothing to do with the powertrain recall that happened earlier this year. The timing and the affected part(s) are curiously aligned though... :unsure:

Reactions: DRM

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the car back Saturday with a whole slew of parts replaced including the torque convertor, solenoid, valve body assemblies and various nuts and bolts. The WO stated that they did not see any codes on any of the tests they ran, but did observed the same rough shifting that I did, and visual inspection of the transmission fluid was dark and smell burnt. Overhauled the transmission and my first drive back from the dealership (25+ miles) was very smooth and responsive. All for a whopping price of $100 deductible. Boy am I glad that I took it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts