Lincoln MKC Forum banner

2017 MKC Black Label. What size replacement battery do I need ?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jcbon 
#1 ·
I own a 2017 MKC Black Label in December of 2018.
I live in WIsconsin and I really want to replace the battery before the snow starts flying this winter.

All of the paperwork that I can get my hands on, reads that the vehicle has a 2.0L GTDI I-4 engine.
And, this vehicle has that automatic stop and start feature. (When you stop at a stop sign)

Based on the above .....
What size battery should I look for ? (As in cold cranks. That sort of thing.)
Is there a particular brand that anyone might recommend ?

I see that Batteries Plus and AutoZone both offer replacement batteries with free installation.
Has anyone here purchased a battery from either business and if so, what was your experience ?

Thanks in advance for the reply

#2 ·
I believe it is a group 48 battery. With auto start I would use a AGM (absorbed glass mat) battery. I have heard some people to save money will use enhanced flooded batteries.

I have always used JCI batteries. Most herald these as the best batteries and are sold as Interstate - and the old Sears Diehard - We have a rural king which sells exide batteries ( I have always heard these are poor quality) I have started using them because rural king sells them so cheap. I have never had any problems knock on wood

#4 ·
Replacing the battery is a job so I don't know if you will find anyone that will install it for free. I would go with the best no maintenance battery you have access to. Deka, Diehard, Interstate, I went with Napa Legend because that is what available. There is a video showing how to replace the battery, I would suggest you do a search and find it. I did it myself and it was a pain. I think you can use 48 or 47 group size, I went with 48.

#5 ·
Good insight.
You may be right about getting it replaced for free.
I DID do a search.
And both the Batteries Plus and Auto Zone sites SAY they will replace it for free.
But as of this post, I haven't actually called either place or stopped in to validate this.
Thanks for the reply.

#7 · (Edited)
My MKC sits a lot so I use a battery tender too. A Deltran Battery Tender Plus with a battery terminal accessory and just use the plug adapter for power. Easy on and off charging.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.