Lincoln MKC Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Yes the MKC has a lot of sophisticated electronics and computer systems but so do cars that other manufacturers offer. Do they also suffer from all the issues that plague the MKC? The quality of these systems just does not seem to be there either due to lack of poor engineering, design, computer programming, testing, quality control or a combination of everything. And what really hurts is that Lincoln either denies responsibility or refuses to find solutions in a timely manner and failing that....provide some type of resolution that is satisfactory to both the customer and Lincoln.
And if you read the emails in other forums for other types of cars, you will see the same complaints. Seems like Lincoln ranked very high in customer satisfaction in a recent industry survey...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the same battery issues on my 2016 2.3L Reserve.

Last Thursday morning, screen showed "Turning off to conserve power" right after I got in the car. Started the car and it was fine all day.
Friday everything was normal.
Saturday, battery was dead as can be.

Jumped it and drove it to the dealership. They said they couldn't find anything wrong, sat there all weekend and most of this past week and started right up every morning. (Our FOBs are stored on the complete opposite side of a 2300sqft house so we know it isn't the welcome lighting).

Dealership finally called into the hotline and then told us they needed to re-flash the PCM due to intermittent excessive current draw. At the same time, they had to replace the instrument cluster because the door chimes and power lift gate chimes were not working properly.

Got the car back this morning, but I'm not holding my breath that its fixed. Read several posts here that they had this flash done and still came out to dead batteries a week or two after.

I'm at 47 total days in the shop, 9 total services in the first year. Concierge declined a good faith buyback of this car so pursuing lemon law with an attorney now. I love the car, but this is far services than it should be.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The more crap we want in our rides, the greater the complexity. Give the reflash a chance before running to the lawyer. If it took the dealership a week to place a call, that sounds like the issue to me.Should be available right when you drove into service dept, described issue, and they can look up bulletins etc immediately!! That might be the thing to discuss with the manager.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm at 47 total days in the shop, 9 total services in the first year. Concierge declined a good faith buyback of this car so pursuing lemon law with an attorney now. I love the car, but this is far services than it should be.
How is this going for you?

Had mine flashed and now the problem is worse, I'm looking at the lemon law option also.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
After the flash they replaced the battery, one month later its dead again!
I'm working on my "lemon law" letter to Lincoln!

·
Registered
70 Posts
2017 MKC Dead Battery Issue

Just had the same battery issues on my 2016 2.3L Reserve.

Last Thursday morning, screen showed "Turning off to conserve power" right after I got in the car. Started the car and it was fine all day.
Friday everything was normal.
Saturday, battery was dead as can be.

Jumped it and drove it to the dealership. They said they couldn't find anything wrong, sat there all weekend and most of this past week and started right up every morning. (Our FOBs are stored on the complete opposite side of a 2300sqft house so we know it isn't the welcome lighting).

Dealership finally called into the hotline and then told us they needed to re-flash the PCM due to intermittent excessive current draw. At the same time, they had to replace the instrument cluster because the door chimes and power lift gate chimes were not working properly.

Got the car back this morning, but I'm not holding my breath that its fixed. Read several posts here that they had this flash done and still came out to dead batteries a week or two after.

My MKC is at dealership for an instrument cluster replacement for a dead battery. Did it help?.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My instrument cluster was just replaced. I’m hoping that does the trick.

·
Registered
647 Posts
This past Monday I got in the car, pressed the Start button and the engine just barely turned over but it did start. Immediately on the screen I saw the familiar message 'Systems shut down to conserve power' (or something to that effect) so I knew the battery was almost dead (it was replaced April 2017 - the last time I had battery issues due to the welcome lighting where those modules did get replaced). I was heading out on a 3.5 hour trip to Toronto so I didn't have time to head to the local Ford dealer. I figured I would be driving long enough that the battery would get charged. When I arrived in Toronto I immediately went to a Lincoln dealer. They kept the car overnight (no loaner provided as they said they didn't have any available...seems to be the common response every time I have take the car to a Lincoln dealer. In 3 years of ownership I have yet to receive a loaner even once). The shuttle car would be at least 30 min. so I called my friend to come and get me. Next morning the dealer calls me at 9 am and says the car is ready. They tested the battery and said it was OK. The APIM indicated code U0198 (loss of communication?) caused by the TCU (telematics control unit) draining the battery. They reprogrammed the TCM as per SSM#47160. No explanation as to why the TCU was suddenly draining the battery.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I haven’t had a battery problem once the cluster was replaced. One year ago.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem and Lincoln refuses to acknowledge or stand behind their product. My 2017 MKC has been in the shop six times. Each time they think they have fixed it. They have replaced the instrument cluster, the battery, the hatch door patch, etc. This last trip to the shop it even died right in the shop after they charged it overnight. It has been in the shop 6 days so far this trip trying to diagnose it. Now they say it is a failed gateway module. Maybe it is, but each time I have brought it in, they say they found something. I requested Lincoln Corporate to make a good faith buy back - they refused. It doesn't qualify under my state's lemon law. So much for the "good faith" of Lincoln. Well after the owner of six Lincolns, this will be my last. Too bad, I really like the car, but it is 100% unreliable since you never know when it will be dead. Perhaps I should park it in the lot next door with a big lemon on it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the same problem and Lincoln refuses to acknowledge or stand behind their product. My 2017 MKC has been in the shop six times. Each time they think they have fixed it. They have replaced the instrument cluster, the battery, the hatch door patch, etc. This last trip to the shop it even died right in the shop after they charged it overnight. It has been in the shop 6 days so far this trip trying to diagnose it. Now they say it is a failed gateway module. Maybe it is, but each time I have brought it in, they say they found something. I requested Lincoln Corporate to make a good faith buy back - they refused. It doesn't qualify under my state's lemon law. So much for the "good faith" of Lincoln. Well after the owner of six Lincolns, this will be my last. Too bad, I really like the car, but it is 100% unreliable since you never know when it will be dead. Perhaps I should park it in the lot next door with a big lemon on it.
I still suggest finding a lemon law attorney in your state they may make a claim under something else like Magnuson–Moss.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having same issues with my 2016. Just purchased it in June and its been in the shop for last 3 weeks. They can't find what is causing the drain on the battery. Do you have any more details that would be specific to the type of software flash?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2017 has probably been in at least 8 times for a random dead battery. They know there is a drain and they have changed multiple things APIM, TCU, RGTM, instrument cluster... They still have not found the real issue. Only upside is dealer has been giving me a Corsair loaner. I have a light interior though and I swear every time it goes in I end up with dirty finger prints.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Honda's battery drain was attributed to Bluetooth. I wonder if Ford has a sperate module for that and it is draining.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts