Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a reserve with xenon lights, does anyone know if I change them out for aftermarket led bulbs will it throw an error code on the dash?

·
Administrator
522 Posts
I don’t know if this will help with your question or not it’s kind of a roundabout answer. I know that light has different wavelengths depending on its color or type of light, the shape of the lens is designed for certain types of bulbs, this is why you see a lot of people running around with aftermarket xenon‘s or LEDs in standard halogen housings and they don’t have near the brightness of the factory light

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used quality led replacements in my last several cars and bikes with stellar results, I was just curious if it will set a warning light on the dash, because that would drive me insane! And the bulbs are alot of work to remove for nothing!

·
Administrator
522 Posts
OK Sounds good I don’t have any more information for you, I wouldn’t imagine it would not set a light, I don’t think there’s any sort of headlight out warnings like what you would see with European cars. If you go for it let me know, be interesting to see if that would work. I loved the LED factory lights in my Nissan, only thing I could say is better about my old car versus the Lincoln

1 - 4 of 4 Posts